Monday, July 31, 2023

MONDAY / JULY 31 / CLOUD COVER / INSURANCE PANIC AGAIN / SOME RAIN / WALL ESTIMATE /

MONDAY
7-31-2023 
 
 

 
 
 
Up at 6AM. I got dressed and went to the kitchen to make lattes. 

My knee is feeling some-what better. Not a lot. Still painful to touch or bump it into something.

I made lattes & Nanogreens. Hubby warmed up breakfast for the dogs.

Wilson is LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT! We are so proud of him. He does not sit around begging for food anymore. 

There was nothing to deposit today as the shop was closed on Friday.

Hubby & Tater left at 8:30AM. Tater was so excited to go back to the shop again that he was dancing around, barking. He barked at us as we kissed.

I sat down to watch TV.

I was in pain with my leg and wanted to get up to take a Tylenol. I forgot. 

Hubby called at 9AM to advise that the Shop Insurance was due and they were sending over a policy, I needed to sign it and pay for it. Effective date would be 8/1.

But nothing came and I called Hubby back. He said it would come thru.

So I waited and when it did, THE AMOUNT WAS A $2000/YEAR INCREASE FROM LAST YEAR!!! 

I was in shock. It was EVEN A DIFFERENT COMPANY THAT WAS FEATURED AS THE INSURANCE COMPANY!

This IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL WAY TO HANDLE INSURANCE. The insurance agent did NOT get hold of us in advance to tell us they were shopping around for new insurance. They did NOT get hold of us to find out if anything changed. I WAS LIVID. There is just NO WAY that we can afford an increase of $2000/year for shop insurance especially after Berkshire Hathaway fucked us over and did not pay out on our last claim. We were stuck with an asshole kid hitting the door and we were out of business for 8 months to fit it!
 
So I said Fuck It and shopped around online. I found a better policy for $2000 LESS THAN WE PAID LAST YEAR. I don't really even care if they ever pay out because you are only buying "AIR". Insurance companies are getting more fucked every day. Fuck Florida making everyone else pay out more for them!

Hubby talked with the Agent and told him that we are going with another company. I got the other insurance set up in minutes and paid. End of Worries.

I did bookwork.

At 1:30PM when I was done with bookwork, I finally remembered to take an Extra Strength Tylenol for my leg!

Made an iced latte for myself. I sat down on the sofa and was in a lot of pain.Watched TV for a while.

Hubby & Tater got home at 3:50PM. Jeremy, the construction guy, followed him home. Jeremy is doing an estimate on the stucco wall outside the patio. He left after checking it out for a few minutes.

Hubby had to make some Bruschetta.

I put away laundry. I washed dishes and put them away.

We watched TV for a while. 

Went to bed at 10PM.
 
 
 

No comments: