Sunday, March 03, 2024

SUNDAY / MARCH 3 / WILSON DIES / PEDICURES / WIND WIND WIND

MARCH 3 2024
SUNDAY



Hubby was up with Wilson at 1AM. He had diarrhea again. Hubby had to wipe his butt. 

At 3AM, Tater was awake and jumped off the bed to go potty. I yelled for Hubby to let him outside. Hubby was already sleeping on the sofa. 

Wilson got up and Hubby took him outside. Wilson just stood in the cold air and wind. He was not moving. Hubby said "I've seen this before" meaning that Wilson was on the downhill slide. I put the dog bed out for him to lie down on, but he stood on it too. We decided that the time had come and we had to take him to the Emergency Pet Clinic in St George.

I got dressed. Hubby got dressed. I made a latte for Hubby, hot tea for myself. 

We put Tater and Wilson in the car. Wilson did not need to wear his harness. I sat in the car with a pillow and towel in case he had diarrhea again. Wilson rested his head on my arm and cuddled into me. He NEVER does that in the car. He always sits straight up. His breathing was shallow and labored. He wheezed at times. He passed lots of stinky gas.

On the way out of town, we had to stop at the car wash by Walmart to wash the car as it was filthy from yesterday's blowing sand & wind. Then we stopped at the gas station by the highway to get fuel.

We drove to St George in the dark. Not many other cars on the road at all.

At the Clinic, Hubby went inside and checked in; then he paid for the Euthanasia. Hubby came out to carry him inside. The Vet said that Wilson weighed 30 pounds, so he had gained even more weight. 

Hubby carried him into an examining room and the vet assistant took him to the back room to start an IV site. She brought him back to us and let us have a few minutes with him. He appeared to perk up and then we were hesitant to do anything further. But when the assistant placed him on the table, he went down again. The assistant left and gave us a few minutes alone again with him. We talked to him and told him that he could join Bud & Ben. Then we pushed a red button on the table to alert the Vet. The Vet came inside and gave him 3 injections, 1 for saline, 1 for a sedative, and the final 1 to euthanize him. He went pretty quickly and easily. We told him we loved him, we petted his belly. Confirmation came when the Vet put her stethoscope to listen to his heart. She said he was gone.
 
WILSON 12-8-2015 TO 3-3-2024
 

Hubby brought Tater in to the room to smell Wilson, but Tater ignored Wilson.

We had a few more minutes with Wilson. Then we left. 
 
Hubby walked Tater outside. Then we loaded him into the FMF and drove to Bear Paw restaurant to eat. It was 7AM by this time. 
 
We had a great breakfast. Hubby had egg, hashbrowns, french toast with cinnamon. I had the strawberry/cream cheese crepes. Hubby's hashbrowns were GREAT.
 
STRAWBERRY/CREAM CHEESE CREPES

FRENCH TOAST, BACON, HASHBROWNS, EGG
 
 
We took some leftovers out for Tater. Then we drove home. 

At home, I cleaned up cat litter & vacuumed with the new vacuum.
 
KRL called and talked to us about Wilson passing away. She was sad.
 
Hubby took his meds for his tooth and I gave him Anbesol to wipe on it. He sat down to watch Automotive shows on TV.

I had Hubby put away Valentine decorations and get out Shamrock/March decor from the closet. I put it out in the front room and put the fabric on the front bench.
 
We unpacked the new pots & pans. Put the old ones in a box for donation.
 
We watched TV tonight. I felt really depressed. This is affecting my body more than any of the other dogs passing.

I took a couple Benadryl before I went to bed so that I could sleep. Still so upset with Wilson dying.


No comments: