Monday, March 11, 2024

MONDAY / MARCH 11 / DRIVE TO VEGAS FOR SHOCKS / DRIVE TO ENTERPRISE UT FOR DOG

MONDAY
MARCH 11 2024 




Up at 4AM. Time change is really doing fucked up things with my head. 

I went to get the red winter blanket from the living room and then slept in the front bedroom until 6AM when Hubby got up and used the spare bathroom. He turned the light on in the bedroom where I was sleeping and woke me up. He did not see me there. Thought I was still sleeping in our bedroom.

I got up and dressed. Made the bed. Let Tater out for potty. Hubby fed Tater some breakfast. Then I made latte for Hubby, tea for myself. I would make Nanogreens when I returned home.

Hubby put Tater's dog bed in the back of the FMF. I brought my pillow for comfort. We took the FMF to Vegas to pick up the shocks from Robert's house at Vital Suspension. 

We stopped to get fuel $3.37 at some out-of-the-way gas station, Hubby had to turn around because all the other stations were $4.45! We saw a Twice-Baked Potato restaurant right across from the gas station and both of said we wanted to eat there some time. 

Stopped at a park to walk Tater on his leash. Lots of memorials plaques by trees. Mountain Crest Park just off Durango. 

Drove home. 

At Mesquite, Hubby had to have breakfast, so he drove thru Wendy's and got a baconator. Maple bacon chicken for me.

When we reached home, I unloaded Tater. Then let the dog out for potty. I went to eat my sandwich, but there was NO MAPLE ON IT. Dry as hell. 

Hubby moved the Dually over so I could get the Jeep out. There was a huge box on the front porch. Brought the box inside. Hubby left for the shop.

I drove the Jeep down to Enliven to get my diet shot, but there WERE 12 CARS PARKED OUTSIDE. I decided to come in at 9AM on Wednesday instead.

I drove home again. Put maple on my sandwich, finished my sandwich. I did bookwork.

I took a nap from 1PM to 2PM. I was exhausted. Tater napped all day.

At 3PM, I called Hubby to let him know we had to leave. He was still helping customers. He finally left the shop at 3:30PM. When he got home, I already had a sandwich made for him. We drove to St George, then north to Enterprise UT to pick up the new dog.

The breeder lived on the end of a street and was a very tall woman, her daughter was there, and her mother. They were about 7' tall! Even Hubby looked dwarfed standing next to them. 

Another female dog that belonged to her mother was feeding the pups and gave Riley one last suck with her brothers & sisters.

We paid them for the dog, got all the pertinent info and left. We named her Skylar (later changed to Riley). She was born January 9 so she is 9 weeks old. Very young to be away from her mother. She has had her first 2 series of shots.


 
 
 
We stopped just outside of St George on the walkway area into town because Riley had thrown up just a little bit of her non-digested food. We cleaned it off the towel that I had over a pillow on my lap. She rode in the car very well. 

Tater & Hubby got out and Tater went potty. But there was broken glass so Tater had to be careful. I walked Riley on a leash (have to get a cat collar - she is so tiny) but she did not go potty. Tater had water. 

Then we drove into town to pick up Wilson's cremains at the Emergency Vet. Tater whined as we pulled into the parking lot. Hubby ran inside the Vet to get the sack. It was .08 pound. A 30 pound dog is cremated into 12 ounces! OMG. The red URN that I ordered will be more than large enough. 

WILSON'S URN
 
 
We got onto the Interstate and then stopped in Littlefield to pick up a lottery ticket. Hubby ran inside to get one. He was hungry and they had no food in the deli. He wanted chicken on a stick and they had nothing. Not a good idea to be out of things when they have competition down the road!
 
We drove to Mesquite and got inside the house. I took both dogs outside and monitored Tater really closely so he would not hurt Riley. Riley went potty right away. 
 
We came inside where Riley had fun checking out the house. I went potty.
 
SAGE THE BLACK CAT CHECKS OUT RILEY
 
 
RILEY'S BAG THAT THE DOG SELLER SENT HOME
 
Hubby made the bed. It was already 7PM and he was tired from driving all day. He made himself some dinner. Leftover Hamburger Helper; I made some sausages.  
 
TATER TOLERATING RILEY
 
 
 
RILEY TOE BEANS
 
 
Skylar sat with me and fell asleep. We watched two episodes of Castle and went to bed. 
 
 

No comments: