Thursday, October 12, 2023

THURSDAY / CRAFT FAIR / TIRED & HURT

THURSDAY
OCTOBER 12 2023
CRAFT FAIR






Up at 6AM. Hubby put the dogs out for potty. 

I got dressed and made lattes. Hubby cleaned cat litter. 

Everything was packed, so we left the dogs at home and went over to the Sun City Community Center at 7:30AM. Hubby had to meet a guy at the shop to drive him home, so he had to get started early. 

Hubby drove his truck with the ladder. He drove up and unloaded by the door. We started unloading and other people started coming. I propped open the front door with the bench. I was at the Coffee Bar, so we found the 2 chairs and set up our table. I unloaded all the pumpkins. Hubby left. I had parked my Jeep in the handicapped section on the other side of the Community Center.


MY TABLE OF PUMPKINS AT THE SUN CITY CRAFT SHOW

I sat there at the beginning, then talked to the older lady next to me selling sewed items (she was from Oregon & deaf), I went to use the restroom by the locker rooms and weighed myself.

I came back and started crocheting. Talked to some more people that were there. The customers started coming at 9:45AM. Quite a surge. Lots of people admired my pumpkins, but not a lot were buying. 

I finally got some sales. The HOA passed out pizza & ice cream sandwiches, which I declined. The pizza looked greasy and I did not want ice cream. 

The sales/custoners started slowing down at 11AM. We still sat there until 2PM. I had a few sporadic sales, then I let the pumpkins go for as low as $10. I wanted to get rid of them.
 
I started packng up the pumpkins into the white garbage bags. Lots of people left quickly. I took down the ladder, the table, and the shelves. Stacked them on the coffee bar. Hubby got there at 2:30PM and helped haul out the stuff. I had gotten all the pumpkins in my Jeep.

I was SO EXHAUSTED. I drove home and Hubby followed. He called me just as I was backing the Jeep into the garage.  

I had some food. Was not very hungry. My tummy was upset. I had not eaten all day. I ate apples & peanut butter, had some milk.

I HURT ALL OVER. I took a hot bath and almost fell asleep. The sun went down at 6PM. I watched some TV with Hubby.
 
I took another bath at 8PM, then went to bed. 
 
I slept in bed with Tater & Wilson until Midnight. Called out for Hubby who brought me some cold water and came to bed. Then I was sweating and went out to sleep on the sofa.

No comments: