Friday, October 06, 2023

FRIDAY / HUBBY IOWA TRIP / NAILS / BIG WIN AT AIRPORT SLOTS / EGGNOG IN STORES

 FRIDAY
10-6-2023
 
 
 

 
I was up sweating and in pain at 11:30PM. So I used the potty then went to sleep on the sofa. Robert jumped up and slept on my feet. 

I was restless all night long. Watching the tree outside blow in the wind. I put the heating pad on my right shoulder but it only helped a little. I kept waking up in pani.
 
I only fell asleep about 1 hour before Hubby got up with the dogs at 5AM. He let them outside for potty, then made them breakfast. He fed the dogs and put out cheese/milk for the cats.

I got up and dressed. Made the bed. I went to the kitchen to make lattes & nanogreens. Vacuumed the cat litter. I transferred $ from Quickbooks to Bank.

Hubby cleaned the cat litter. 

Hubby packed a bag for his trip. 

Don't forget HAT and SWEATSHIRT. It is going to be cooler in Iowa.

Then we went out on the patio to clean the hair out of his ears. I accidentally cut him, but it did not bleed very long. Superficial cut.

Hubby re-wrapped the Lamp returns for Amazon into ONE box, not two.

Hubby sat on the sofa to order parts on his iPad and watch some Automotive shows.

We left the dogs at home and took the Jeep; I drove to UPS Store to drop off Lamp return. 

Hubby returned the boxes inside the store. 

We drove to Scenic, thinking they would be open at 9AM, but they don't open the store until 10AM. Then we drove out to Beaver Dam to buy lottery tickets. Hubby called Austin at Rough Country to return tires that are defective. Hubby went inside to purchase lottery tickets while I waitred. 

Had to drive thru mud and a water truck spraying water as we were getting on the Interstate. They are working construction on the new road for the new Love's Truck Stop by Beaver Dam. The Jeep got all dirty.

Then we drove back on the Interstate 15 to Smith's where it WAS CROWDED. All the Snowbirds have returned. It is like switching on a LIGHT SWITCH! 

We got milk and checked on their AppleGate sausages. But they have none. 

We paid and left. Loaded groceries in the Jeep. 

Drove to Walmart and took the Jeep thru the car wash. 

Walmart was crowded there, too but not as bad as Smith's and we got pumpkin stuffing for my crafts, string, egg nog (FINALLY in stores) string cheese, roasted chicken, a VERY helpful young man helped us find the AppleGate sausages in the freezer!

We paid thru the manned check-out. I HATE self-checkout.

We loaded groceries in the Jeep and drove home. 

Unloaded groceries at home and put everything away.
 
Hubby had to make hashbrowns for me when I told him not to; I wanted him to sit down for a while. 
 
I got on the computer and paid bills. Updated emails. Posted Facebook pictures.
 
Left in the Jeep at 12:30PM to take Hubby to the Eureka. I dropped him off and he caught the Shuttle. But it was NOT the EXECUTIVE shuttle that we had reserved and paid extra. 
 
Hubby got to the Airport at 2:42PM . I was driving to get my nails done at GS Nails when he called me in the Jeep. I talked to him for a while at GS Nails. Andy said Hi.
 
Then I called him back and he was getting a Philly Cheese Steak at the airport. He sat down to gamble at the slot machine. He won $313. Wow. He was drinking Coke & Whiskey.
 
Allegiant Air 441 was SUPPOSED to leave from A18 but Hubby said they moved it to A19.
 
HUBBY AT A19 DEPARTURE GATE FOR ALLEGIANT AIR
 
 
The Flight came in and hit the gate? Then it needed a battery jump to start? Sounds odd.
 
Hubby finally took off from Vegas Airport at 6PM. It was getting dark here. 
 
I went outside to pick up dog poo. It was 85 degrees F and a light breeze. Very nice weather.
 
I am SO FRUSTRATED with my hair color. NOT what I wanted at all. It is SO YELLOW. Gross. 
 
So I started looking online to find a way to color my hair. 
 
Hubby's phone died, so I started texting him and he read them on his iPad. 
 
Hubby called at 10:30PM when he got his Jeep Gladiator at the rental. But he had to pay an additional $70 in Taxes? WTF? It was supposed to be paid in full.
 
So he got it running and was driving out of Des Moines while talking to me. He stopped at a Casey's quick stop for coffee. 

I told him I was falling asleep and we hung up.

Tater got up at 2AM to potty then back to bed.

No comments: