Saturday, January 21, 2023

SATURDAY / NEW MATTRESS

SATURDAY
1-21-2023
 
 
 
 
 
Up at 6AM. My back hurts bad because of the horrible bed. Hopefully we can get the new mattress set up that was delivered yesterday!

I get dressed and make lattes in the kitchen.

Hubby warmed up breakfast eggs for the dogs and we feed them. 

Hubby said we have to go down to the shop at 9AM because the Roofers left their work equipment in Chris's work area. We need to open the shop so they can get to work.
 
Unboxed and rolled out the new mattress. It is supposed to take 72 hours to inflate. It already feels better than the old one.
 
SWEETNIGHT KING SIZE MATTRESS $713.00
 

But the guy calls and said that his guys will be there by 10:30AM instead. 

We take the Jeep and drive out to Flying J. Pick up Krispy Kreme donuts. Then I drive down the I-15 to get off and drive to the shop.

Casey is there and already has the shop open. I put away t-shirts. John F comes to pick up his rig and pays for it. I get him a t-shirt, hat, and can koozies. Hubby helps put away more t-shirts. 
 
The roofer guys finally get there at 11AM after Hubby has to call the roofer guy (who is out of town in AZ). 

We drive the Jeep to get it washed. Then Hubby picks up a replacement propane tank outside and puts it in the Jeep. I go inside (helping an old guy cross the ped crossing and helping him get a cart inside because he has a cane & difficulty walking). I start grocery shopping.
 
Hubby meets up with me in the coffee aisle.
 
Stupid parents with screaming kids block the aisle and Hubby gets frustrated.
 
We purchase our groceries in a manned check-out. I talk to the lady behind me that comments we are buying "gold" meaning our 18-pack of eggs. Since eggs are so expensive now. We talk about the "good old days" when there were corner grocery stores.
 
Hubby and I go outside to load groceries in the Jeep. There is a guy there selling tamales and Hubby thought he left, but he is still walking around the parking lot. I buy a chicken & pork (5 tamales for $10) and then he gives me an extra 5 beef. Nice guy. We told him we will tell our neighbors. He says he is there every Saturday.
 
Drive home and unloaded groceries. Put away groceries. I am exhausted. We sit for 1.5 hours to rest.

Took Tater and Wilson to play in the park at 2PM. Had to ride in that fucking awful Dually. Even with pillows, my back started hurting and my legs started going numb. Fighting with Hubby the whole way there and back. 

Come back home and have to take a Prednisone because I am in so much pain from the truck ride.

We watch TV for the rest of the day. LA FEMME NIKITA. 
 
Went to bed on our new mattress. Both of us slept better!



No comments: