Friday, April 17, 2020

PICK UP MUSTANG BODY IN LAS VEGAS

FRIDAY
4-17-2020

Got up at 6:30AM. Hubby was already up and feeding dogs breakfast bake.

I made lattes.

Took pictures of the trailer in the front of house.

Hubby called guy in Las Vegas to let him know we were coming. Plotted our course on Google maps.

I put away breakfast dishes and started laundry.

Hubby cleaned cat litter while I picked up dog poo.


Truck & Trailer (cloudy this morning)

Loaded dogs in Dually. Drove to Las Vegas. The Mustang guy had a place down by Henderson. Pyle Avenue. We had to drive all the way south

Got there and it was fully fenced, so he invited us to let Tater out to run around. His dog (a big doofus Bull Mastiff) tried to come out to play, but the dogs tried fighting each other, so he put him away. Paul and Hubby talked to each other for an hour. The guy gave Hubby a full tour of the 1 acre of Mustangs. Hubby bought the Mustang body, chrome bumper, brackets, and tail lights.

Tater tore around the whole yard and chased down a Gecko in the yard. I had Wilson on a leash the entire time. It was hot today; about 82 degrees and Tater went thru 4 bottles of water. Wilson drank a lot, too.

When we loaded the dogs in the Dually to leave, I gave them ham for treats that I had brought along. I ate the other Beyond Meat burger. Hubby had an apple, raisins & peanuts, and a banana.

Stopped at a local Shell Station so Hubby could go potty. Nothing else was open. Restaurants are drive-thru only. I decided to wait to potty until we got home.

Saw the new Stadium on the way north I-15. It looks like a big black bowl.


Las Vegas Allegiant Stadium

We saw the Nellis AFB F35s practicing on the way home.

 Nellis AFB F35s

Had to get off at Cheyenne Avenue and pulled off the side street to re-tie the Mustang body on the trailer. Got back on I-15 on East Craig Road.

Driving north out of town, just past Las Vegas Motor Speedway, some people pulled next to us and pointed out that there was a problem with the trailer tire. We pulled off at Ritchie Brothers to check it out. Had blown the tire and taken out the tail light wires. Hubby was upset. Nothing to do. Tried to pull off at the next two Truck Stops, but Love's Travel Stop mechanic was closed. There was no mechanic at Moapa exit. So we just drove 50 mph and brought it home.

More people waved us down to tell us the tire was blown. Nice people.

Dropped the trailer off at the shop. Could not back it into the shop as there were too many vehicles parked in front of the shop. Some idiot had parked a U-Haul truck right in the middle of the parking lot. Eric & Dean came over to say hello. Eric said they were going to BBQ at 3PM.

We stopped at Dollar General to get beer for the BBQ. I went inside to see if they had craft poly-fil. They did not.

Finally home at 2:30PM. I was exhausted. Brought the dogs inside and I had to potty while Hubby let the dogs outside.

Hubby went back to the shop to BBQ with the guys - Carne Asade.

I took a partial 30 minute nap. Dogs kept going in and out. In and out.

I took a shower and washed my hair. Dried my hair.

Hubby got back at 6:30PM. Tater had dug a hole in the back yard by the plants.

Hubby took a shower. He smelled like grilling BBQ smoke.

Watched TV until 9:30PM. Changed bedding sheets on our bed. Went to bed.



No comments: