Tuesday, January 30, 2024

SATURDAY / JAN 27 / OVERNIGHT STAY AT HOSPITAL

SATURDAY
JANUARY 27 2024
 





In the night, I was awake with pain. I had called last night at 10PM just before Hubby left for the hotel for the nurse. I told them I was extreme pain in my arm. They had to call the Dr and finally got pain medication for me at 11:30PM. Zachary, the nice male nurse, brought in Hydrocodone! Aspirin! OMG. It never works on me. 

I was awake all night with the beeping on my machines, beeping in the hallways, people yelling in the hallways, I had to get up for potty at 2AM, bothered at 3AM for blood draw, bothered at 5AM for EKG. I was exhausted.

Called Hubby at 6AM and told him to come see me.

I had him order breakfast for us; I got a waffle with english breakfast black tea, he got a breakfast sandwich with orange juice.

The breakfast was awful. Sugared waffle. Yuck.

Told the nurses we had to leave by 10AM. They tried to call the Dr. 

Finally the Dr came into the room at 10AM when I was threatening to pull out my IV. Dr ignored me and looked at dog pictures with Hubby.

I was already dressed. We left. 
 
Drove to Food trucks and got food. Both of us were starved. I got a corn dog with honey with chips(it really did not taste that good) and both of us got asian bowls with chicken/rice/vegetables (they tasted bland).
 
HOOKED ON BOWLS FOOD TRUCK
HONEY CORN DOG FOOD TRUCK
 
 
Then we stopped at the Coffee Stand and got lattes. 

Drove to pick up the dogs. Hubby went inside while I waited. Dogs were so happy to see us.

We drove home. Stopped in Littlefield to buy lottery tickets.

I was in a lot of pain with my arm. It hurt all the way to my heart. My breathing kept "hitching" every few minutes. Hurt to breathe.
 
MY FEET HAD Xs ON THEM FROM THE SURGERY
 

At home, got some food. Tea and some turkey bacon. Then I slept.

And slept. And slept. I slept in bed all afternoon.

Then I got up and watched TV with Hubby for a while.

Then I slept some more.

At 9PM, I watched some TV with Hubby. Drank water & tea. 

Then went back to bed for more sleep.


No comments: