Tuesday, January 30, 2024

FRIDAY / JAN 26 / SURGERY HEART CATH

FRIDAY
JANUARY 26 2024
 
 
 
 
 

Up at 5am. Got dressed. Hubby fed dogs breakfast. 

I made latte for Hubby 
 
We drove to St George. Dropped off the dogs at Dogtown Day Care. 
 
Drove to St George Regional Hospital.

We parked in the parking lot by the Valet service area and walked behind some guy with a very young anorexic girl who was vaping. They dogged our foosteps the whole way. Finally got away from them in the hospital.

I checked in at 8AM by remote computer and waited for information to be called. The reception called me and I gave them Driver's License for ID, Insurance card. 

They called me back almost immediately. Brooklyn was my nurse and put me in Room SRU 27.

I changed into an ugly hospital gown. Then we proceeded to wait.

SNOW ON THE MOUNTAINS IN ST GEORGE
GOING INTO HOSPITAL FOR SURGERY
NICE NURSES ASSIGNED; BROOKLYN, BERNADETTE, ZACHARY (LATER)
HUBBY WAITING WITH ME FOR 4 HOURS AS DR HAD "EMERGENCY"
BP AFTER SURGERY 115/91 HEART RATE 97
WRIST CLAMP ON ARTERY AFTER SURGERY


Administered aspirin by my nurses Brooklyn, the young nurse only 23; who was putting in the IVs and tried to get a hook in the artery. Tried both arms. No luck even with an ultrasound. Could not find veins/artery. Bernadette was my other nurse, older woman. Very nice. 

Had to wait for 4 hours as there was a "code blue" emergency. Finally Dr came into room and he looked like a janitor, did not introduce himself. Started talking to Hubby instead of me. 

No sedation. Dr kept leaning on my crotch and feeling it during surgery. I was in so much pain and kept asking nurse for painkiller. Dr got upset. 

Finally done after 3 hours. Dr showed me what he did, he was very "proud" of himself.

Back in room and administered a wrist clam over the artery to stop bleeding. Monitored. Dr came into the room and told Hubby how it went. Did not talk to me. What an ass. Told Hubby that I had "promised" him that I would take blood clot thinner meds for 1 year to get the surgery. This doctor is psycho. Told Hubby that he wanted me to stay overnight because of having to implant 4 STENTS.

Bernadette, the older nurse, recommended Courtyard as it was cheap to stay. Hubby called and got a room. Hubby called Dogtown to have them keep the dogs overnight. 

I was transferred from Room SRU 27 to SRU 17 down the hallway. Still no private bathroom. Gross. Some old woman across from my room and she was loud and rude. 

My phone kept dying. I was in pain. Nothing on TV. I slept a little. Nurses coming in and out of the room the whole time. Zachary the male nurse was my nurse now.

Hubby stayed with me until 10PM, then he went to the hotel room at Courtyard by Marriot. It was behind Lowe's so he did not have far to travel. He said it was a really nice room.

I requested painkiller from the Nurse, Zachary. He had to call the Dr and request it. I got painkiller at 11:30PM after Hubby had left at 10PM.

No comments: