Tuesday, September 19, 2023

TUESDAY / SEPT 19 / GARBAGE DAY / TATER BACK TO WORK

TUESDAY
SEPTEMBER 19 2023
 
 
 
 


I was awake at 6AM. Had to potty. Came back to bed. Everybody was still sleeping. I snuggled with Wilson and petted his soft, pink belly.

Then we got up at 6:45AM. I dressed and went to the kitchen to make lattes. I opened the front door. I let the dogs out. Hubby went to potty.

Hubby came to the kitchen to make breakfast for the dogs & cats. He fed them after the dogs came back inside. The cat milk had gone bad, so we dumped it out and put out fresh milk & cheese.

I cleaned out cat litter and vacuumed the armoire.

I put out more garbage for the dumpster. Today is garbage day. 
 
Hubby went to dress. I helped him make the bed.
 
We sat outside on the patio, the sun was hot. No breeze. Cool outside. Only 67F degrees.

LeAnn, her dog, and a friend of hers walked past and I went out to talk with them. LeeAnn's friend admired my "flower" and I had to tell her that it was a metal decor bird feeder!

We came back inside because it was too hot to sit outside.
 
I put dirty laundry in washer and started it.

Then Hubby watched Automotive show on TV while I vacuumed up cat litter in the hall. 

I then warmed up chicken sausages for breakfast. Shared a couple with the dogs.

I put Tater's collar on him.

Hubby & Tater left at 8:40AM.

I brought the garbage can inside the fence.

I went inside to do bookwork.

I cleaned up the kitchen counter, put away clean dishes, and started the dishwasher.

I picked up dog poo outside. 

I fed Wilson 2nd breakfast.
 
Hubby & Tater surprised us by coming in the door at 4PM. He drove home the UTV so we can go ride up on the Mesa tonight.
 
Hubby had a whole bunch of phone calls after he got home.

Then he started making Tater breakfast. Steak, Rice, Eggs. 
 
Tater was so happy to go down to the shop today. He was smiling after he got home. 

Hubby made himself some dinner. He watched some Automotive shows on TV.

I went down to get the mail, but there was nothing there.

I changed my shoes and we got ready to ride in the UTV.

Went to leave and the dogs were barking at us. So I beat on the wall and told them to shut up. We went back inside where Hubby put Tater's collar on him. Then we left again. I verified by Wyze camera that they were sitting on the dog chair and were quiet.

I had a few problems because Hubby had not washed/cleaned the UTV prior to using and the seat belt was not adjusted for my comfort. It takes a while to get it pulled and I had to get in/out of the vehicle several times. Finally, we were ready to go.

Left at 6:45PM. The sun was going down as we left. The road up to the Mesa was washed out in spots, several large sluices where water had come down off the Mesa. Hubby was able to straddle most of them. We had to be cautious going up the road as there were 2 cars parked at the bottom and we thought that people were up there walking. At the top, there were 2 young people with a dog. We waved and said hello. They just stared at us. WTF? 

The gate was open, so we went thru. 

We round around to the left and did a big loop on the Mesa. We saw that somebody had Xmas solar-powered lights. I took a picture.

Then the sun went down and we got a good look at the moon. But no stars were coming out yet. 

Drove back home and up to the Soccer field to check what was going on as the HUGE LIGHTS were turned on; we found that they were doing practice up there late at night.
 
XMAS LIGHTS ON JOSHUA TREE

MOON OVER THE MESA
 

We drove home. Gave treats to the dogs. Took some Benadryl/Tylenol at 9PM. Watched some TV and went to bed at 10PM.

Hubby said that he was up again at Midnight with the dogs and sat with them on the patio for one hour. Then he came back to bed. He also sat on the sofa for a while and covered up with the blanket.

No comments: