Wednesday, March 03, 2021

CAMPING TRIP TO VALLEY OF FIRE STATE PARK

CAMPING




TUESDAY
MARCH 2 2021
 
Up early. Hubby took the dogs for a walk around the camp. He had started the generator so that I could warm up baked breakfast eggs for the dogs then make lattes.
 
By the time they got back, I had everything done. We sat down on the camp chairs and ate breakfast. Hubby fed the dogs.
 
We fed the chipmunks and the birds behind our camper with bread we had brought from home. 
 
Then we got going for a walk in the park at 8AM. Got going before the crowds. We saw Long Horn Sheep EVERYWHERE. 
 
 


LONG HORN SHEEP NEAR CAMP


OUR CAMP SPOT IN ARCH ROCK CAMPGROUND

DOGS IN CAMP


HUBBY WALKING DOGS IN CAMPGROUND



BAA RAM EWE


The first walk was at Mouse's Tank. LOTS of sand was difficult to walk. There were Petroglyphs on the rock walls. 
 
Our next stop was to feed & water the dogs. I gave them some dried beef. I went potty. We walked on the east side of the road at Rainbow Vista Trail. 



MOUSE'S TANK TRAIL


RAINBOW VISTA TRAIL


Stopped at the Visitor's Center. Had to park down below because the 2 Handicapped Spaces were occupied. I purchased a hat. Hubby bought a yearly pass, which includes Park entry and basic camping. 
 
When we came out of the Visitor Center, there were several Sheep in the parking lot.
 
SHEEP IN PARKING LOT
 
He went back with his receipt to get $ back that we paid for camping and entry fee. 

We went back to camp after Noon. Walked dogs. Tater tried to play with a little puppy and scared the puppy. We went back to the camper to sit around camp and relax. I read a book. 

No internet. 

We got tired early.

Made a fire and had steak Hobo dinner. Hubby cooked the chicken. He warmed up little sausages that he had purchased from Overton.


HUBBY MADE FIRE

DINNER ON THE GRILLE


WEDNESDAY
MARCH 3 2021
 
DOG FACE ROCK NEAR CAMP
 
Up early again. I took the dogs for a walk around campground and up around the hill while Hubby had the generator running to warm up breakfast eggs. 
 

CLEANING UP CAMP WEDNESDAY MORNING

WALKING DOGS BEFORE BREAKFAST
 
When I got back with the dogs, I tied them up to the camper. I went inside the camper to make lattes. 

We sat on the camp chairs and had breakfast. 

We started cleaning up and packing everything into the camper. 

We left camp by 10AM. Stopped at the Sewer Clean out. There were sheep coming over, so Hubby left them clean water after closing the sewer stopper. We stopped to watch and all the sheep were thirsty and came to drink.
SHEEP COMING TO DRINK WATER


Drove to Logandale and shopped at Lin's again. Saw a stupid manager at the store that had his mask pulled down. People are so rude. We got more Sharp Cheddar cheese, picked up a roast, and some bacon wrapped chicken.
 
I found some Shamrock cheese. Had to buy it. Will eat it on March 17!
 
SHAMROCK CHEESE
 

Drove home. Got there at Noon. Unloaded the camper. Took showers. Washed the dogs. 

I went to get mail.
 
It was cloudy and looked like rain. I told Hubby to call Yogi to have him re-schedule. 

Hubby took Tater down to 

They got back later. 

I took a nap. 

Worked on my St Patrick's Day garland. 

I was SO exhausted and was hurting everywhere. I took a hot bath and had Hubby come sit with me. I took a couple Benadryl so I could get sleep.
 
We went to bed early at 9AM. I put out the new down comforter that we bought from Costco. It is SO soft.

No comments: