Thursday, November 26, 2020

THANKSGIVING

THURSDAY
11-26-2020 

 
Up at 6:45AM, heard Hubby in the kitchen. He was struggling to get the big bird in the oven. 

I made the bed. Then I made lattes & Nanogreens. 

Hubby and I toasted wine while I was sitting in the office typing this. We toasted to not another year alone celebrating Thanksgiving. Hate 2020.

I put all my pumpkins on the credenza and put place settings out on the table. Early, as we probably won't get the damn turkey cooked until 7PM. 

Hubby put the bird in the oven upside down. He left the oven on baking while we went to Todd's shop and picked up his welder from the guy next door. Took Wilson with us in the Dually. It was cold and Wilson put his nose out the window. On the way back, we saw some weird guy at the bottom of Flat Top Mesa Drive who was walking with a HUGE American flag. The guy was dressed in shorts and a short-sleeved shirt. It was kinda odd as it was cold outside.

Then we came back home. Hubby drained the juice out of the turkey. The oven liner on the bottom of the oven had melted itself to the bottom of the oven and was burning. It smelled like burnt plastic in the house. I had to open the doors and turn on all the exhaust fans and turn up the ceiling fans. We took the burnt plastic out of the oven and threw it away in the garbage. 
 
Basting Turkey

 

I vacuumed the house as Wilson had black dog hair EVERYWHERE. 

We ate turkey dinner at 1PM. Both of us were not very hungry. Did not eat much. We had too much left-overs. Hubby left the food out so we could snack. 

We watched Horrible History on Hulu, then watched HOUSE on Prime Video.

I cleaned up the dishes and turned on the dishwasher.

I fell asleep on the sofa from 3-4PM. 

KR called at 5PM. We talked to her for about an hour. They had Thanksgiving with pies they made for all the food.
 
Hubby cleaned up all the food. 

We watched TV. Boring day. Depressing without friends or family.

Went to bed at 8:30PM.



No comments: