Sunday, November 29, 2020

UTV RIDE TO 3 STATE CORNERS AND BEAVER DAM

SUNDAY
11-29-2020
 
 

Woke at 6AM. Hubby got out of bed. I stayed in bed and went back to sleep. Hubby woke me up by touching my face and freaking me out. 
 
I made the bed, Hubby helped. I got dressed and went to the kitchen to make lattes. 

I dressed in extra warm clothes as we were going to be going out on UTV ride today in 48 degree weather at 9AM. Wore my UnderArmor shirt, double sweat shirts. 

Let Wilson outside for potty. I filled bird bath with warm water. 

Had the Roomba do our bedroom. 

We left at 8:45AM, Hubby had forgotten to get fuel, so we had to go down to Terribles and get fuel. Passed Kirk as he was exiting Walmart in his UTV. Hubby told him to come with us on ride. I texted Carmen that we would be a few minutes late, but they were already there getting fuel, too!

We drove up to the Pioneer Center to meet everyone at 9AM. Smoking lady there. Ugh. Wilson and I took a walk near to the sales center so he could go potty. 

Then we loaded up and drove away. Hubby was in the lead. But he goes SO fast that he ended up losing a couple that were behind us. We made our way out the dump road and then stopped at the cattle tanks north of the dump. 

Walked around. Guys had to go potty. Let the dogs out for play. A couple UTVs came by and we had to gather up the dogs so they did not get run over. We failed to bring food as we did not think we were going to be gone so long.

Drove on to the 3 Corners Utah/Arizona/Nevada marker. Hubby forgot the way, was going too fast, lost some people. We got there and had to wait 5 minutes before everybody caught up!

Walked around and talked. Gave water to the dogs. Kathy had brought a water bowl for Molly.
 
Petey, Molly, Wilson on UTV Ride At 3 Corners

Then we got ready to go after 30 minutes. More UTVs came past and we had to pick the dogs up. Went thru the gate and one of the other guys said he would close it for us.

We brought up the rear this time as we were supposed to go on the Mesa, but Irl forgot how to get up there. We ended up on the wash going to Littlefield. Lots of dust, we made better time by going around another way, had to wait for everybody. Then Hubby was trying to avoid the dust and broken up track by going to the far left. Everybody came out a different way than us. We got to the Beaver Dam Store and parked. 

Hubby went to get orange juice for me and beef jerky stick for Wilson. I had Wilson on a leash as there were lots of people at the Beaver Dam Bar. Lady selling jewelry, some guy in a Lance Camper selling chainsaw art - mostly bears. And some other person selling little wood decor at the other end of the parking lot. 

We talked a lot there. Guys had to use bathrooms again. It was already 2PM and I was hungry. Gave the beef jerky to Wilson. He drank some more water out of Kathy's water bowl. I finally urged Hubby to go home. I was exhausted and SO DUSTY DIRTY. 

We took off up the hill, but nobody followed us. Hubby had me call Carmen to find out where they went. They took the long way along the interstate, where we made the short cut and had to wait 10 minutes for them to catch up. 

Drove back to Mesquite, Hubby had to keep stopping for everybody to catch up. 

Finally home at 3:15PM. What should have been an 1 hour and 45 minute ride turned into SIX HOURS! OMG. 

At home, Wilson went potty outside and drank water. I stripped and took a shower. Put all our dirty clothes in the garage as we still do not have a working washing machine.

Then I got out of shower. Got dressed in shorts. Hubby came to take a shower. I wrangled Wilson into the bathroom and Hubby washed him down. LOTS of dirt came off poor Wilson. Need to take his Doggles next time and use a hammock. Have to find one on Etsy. 

I took Wilson out of the shower and wiped him down with a towel. Then I took him outside to blow dry. He was VERY dry by the time I was done. I brushed him a LOT. 

I turned on Google Xmas music. Some other neighbor dogs were barking outside and I told Hubby, "THOSE ARE NOT OUR DOGS BARKING!" so that the crappy neighbors would hear. 

I was very moody and everything was hurting on my body. Too much driving in the UTV. A very long day for Wilson's first day out in the UTV.

I made chicken salad, a buttered roll, and some more latte for me. Made Hot Cocoa and Schnapps for Hubby. 

Hubby went outside to put up the Xmas lights in front. Then he re-painted the handsaw Xmas tree that he is making for me. He had painted it red, but it was awful looking. He re-painted it black.

Cat climbed up the screen door, watching Hubby put up the Xmas lights. Rattler was miaowing at him the entire time.

He came inside and I was sitting on the sofa watching House. I needed to eat and relax. Took several aspirin. 

We watched TV for a while. I felt better by about 6PM.

No comments: