Sunday, June 04, 2023

THURSDAY/ TRIP TO IDAHO DAY 1

THURSDAY
6-1-2023
 
 
 
Awake at 6AM after a horrible night of sleeping. Hubby said he wanted a few more minutes of sleep. So we slept until 7:15AM. 

Got up and dressed. I went to the kitchen to make a latte for Hubby. I was still feeling sick to my stomach so I did not eat or drink anything.

The MACU site was down. Can't get the guys paid if can't see what $ we have in it. Then there was no response from Quickbooks on any money in the account. 

Hubby warmed up dog breakfast eggs and fed them. Then he started packing the bags that I brought out. I made a reservation for a hotel in Wells, NV which is 6 hours away. 

Hubby left with the Dually and trailer at 8:30AM. Tater stayed home.

I did bookwork. Packed more clothes. Did laundry. Put clean laundry away. Started dishwasher.

Went to the banks. I forgot where I was going and went to America First. Talked with Maria. She was the one who talked with Hubby the other day about Chris' check that did not go into the correct account. I got her card & phone number.

Then I drove to MACU where I deposited a check from America First so that we can make payroll. Then I explained the missing payroll check. She advised me that it had been returned to the -6383 account today. I asked about the MACU website outage and if they would fix it. She said they had no time from the repair people for it to be fixed.

I drove to the Tire Store to pick up Hubby. He dropped off the truck and trailer there to replace a tire and fix the alignment on the truck. I drove Hubby to the shop. Then I drove home.

At home, I gave the dogs bathes out on the patio because I knew that Hubby would be cutting it close and would not have time. I bathed Wilson first and then Tater. I towel-dried them off.

Picked up dog poo. Cleaned cat litter box after one of the cats did a stinky.

Vacuumed out cat litter in armoire. 

Then I repeatedly called Hubby at NOON to make sure he was going to be leaving on time. 

Hubby raced home and picked me & the dogs up. We tried to remember everything to take. Bags, dog food, water, pillow for my lap. We FORGOT sweaters/sweatshirt and Tater's blanket. 
 
Then we had to go back down to the shop and pick up the title for the truck that we were hauling. Stopped at the Conoco to get fuel.
 
We got on the Interstate by 1:30PM 

Drove to Ely, NV for fuel. It started raining. Mountains were full of snow. It got very cold.
 
 
STORMS & MOUNTAIN SNOW IN NEVADA


Stopped to let the dogs go potty several times. 
 
Got to Wells NV late. Drove to Family Dollar because I wanted a cheap sweatshirt. They had nothing but crap clothing there. Got fuel at Flying J and I purchased a junky thin sweatshirt. We went to eat at Iron Skillet and had a GREAT waitress named Abby. The whole restaurant was full. We had to potty and then came back. Cut in front of some people. Abby seated us and we shared chicken fried steak. Both of us had coffee. Hubby had a salad, too.

We were going to get Dukin' Donuts, but they were closed.

Drove to Hampton Inn & Suites across the interstate and checked in. We were charged $100 for the dog fees! Assholes.
 
HAMPTON INN & SUITES WELLS, NV
 

Tried to go swimming but the dogs barked so we could not leave the room. Lots of work trucks in the parking lot. Parking lot was muddy from the rain.

We had cookies & milk in the room. 
 
Watched TV and went to bed by 10PM.

No comments: