Sunday, June 18, 2023

SATURDAY /

SATURDAY 
6-17-2023



I woke up at 3:30AM and was sweating. I went potty, then staggered to the A/C to set it lower. Tater had been sleeping on top of me so that was probably why I was too hot again.

I slept on the sofa until morning. I was still exhausted when Hubby got up at 6AM to make breakfast eggs for the dogs. I got up and felt pretty good. No pain yet. 

I made the lattes. I made the bed. I put dirty laundry in the washer to get it started. 
 
I was so tired, so laid down on the sofa again for a nap. 
 
Hubby left at 8AM and returned by 9AM. He went down to the shop to meet Seth with Anytime Towing. 
 
We cleaned up and decided to go for a walk in Cedar City outside town. Found a trail that looked interesting so we packed up a lunch.
 
Loaded dogs into Dually.
 
Stopped at Walmart so Hubby could run in and pick up a couple back packs. 

Drove the back way to Littlefield and got on the Interestate. About 1-2 mile back up on Interstate we avoided. 
 
Tater barked in St George because he wanted to stop at Doggy Daycare. 

Drove to Kolob Canyons Visitor Center and stopped for dog walk/pee and I asked Ranger about riding bikes thru the park. Hubby peed in the porta potty.
 
On the road again to turn off in Cedar City and we got fuel at Maverik. Some stupid woman driving an Idaho car parked in front of the fuel pump and went inside. When she came out, she almost walked in the front of our truck. Then wasted more minutes dicking around in her car before finally leaving. The Fuel pumps were VERY busy and nobody should abandon a car at a pump. Stupid People.

We drove in the mountains and missed the trail. Had to detour back. Saw a dead decomposing deer on the side of the road.

Finally found a nice walking trail at Webster Flats Road. Hiked about 40 minutes and 40 minutes. Dogs drank fresh spring water from the crick flowing thru. 
 
 
TATER SITTING IN BLUEBELLS

BRIDGE 1
 
 BRIDGE 2
 
 BRIDGE 3
 
 
We rested and turned around. Hubby gave me a Nitro pill. We had lunch. Saw a giant cave with a rock sticking out. 
 
SNOW ON THE VERY HIGH ALTITUDE WALK
 
 
On the way back, we encountered a cowboy on a horse standing very still. We moved over so he could pass. Tater pulled at the leash because he really wanted to meet the horse. 

We had to traverse over 3 downed trees. A field of bluebells. 

My feet started hurting. Had blisters on heels from stupid new shoes I walked with. I am throwing them out. I need well fitting hiking shoes.
 
DUALLY PARKED IN CEDAR TREES
 
 
Hubby peed again at truck. Gave water to the dogs.
 
Loaded dogs in truck. Drove thru Cedar Breaks National Park. Had to stop at Ranger Station where we were trying to find the National Park Pass, but Hubby had not transferred everything to the new truck. He finally remembered a card in his billfold. 

Drove thru park. Stopped at viewpoints. Amazing red/white/yellow chasms. 
 
 
CEDAR BREAKS NATIONAL MONUMENT
 

Drove thru Brian Head. Looked at all ski areas & condos.

Drove to Parowan and walked the dogs at the grassy city park. Hubby had to potty again. Just missed the Farmer's market even that looked like it was huge. 
 
Both dogs got in the back seat of the Dually and slept all the way home.

Drove to Littlefield where Hubby got Lottery tickets and Krispy Kreme donuts.

Stopped at Smith's in Mesquite where I went inside and got bread, manicotti shells, spaghetti sauce.

We drove home. Unloaded dogs who drank a LOT of water. 

Put everything away.
 
Dogs went outside to potty. They slept on the sofa all night long. 

Rested for about 1 hour then at 7PM, I made Manicotti shells and baked them for 1 hour. It was too late to eat them, so we put them away.


BAKED MANICOTTI SHELLS



At 9PM, I went to bed. I was exhausted.

No comments: