Friday, June 14, 2024

FRIDAY / JUNE 14 / CAMPING AT CEDAR BREAKS

FRIDAY
JUNE 14 2024 



Hubby up at 4AM with dogs. Sat on patio and played music. 

I was up at 6AM. Dressed. Made the bed. Went to kitchen to make latte for Hubby, tea for me.

Hubby made turkey bacon in the air fryer for me.

We packed go-bags. 

Drove to Walmart in the Jeep and picked up groceries at 7AM. 

Back and loaded camper. Got the dogs ready to go. Hubby talked to Betty, our neighbor, and she said she would come over "in a few minutes" but we did not see her for an 1.5 after she left. We finally decided to leave.

At 10AM, we finally left the house. 

Stopped at gas station and got propane bottle & ice. 

Drove to TDS and returned our cable box. Got receipt. 
 
Stopped at Walgreens so I could buy some hand mask for my dry cuticles, candy bars, and lip gloss.

Got on I-15 at Noon and left Mesquite. Stopped in St George to pick up iced lattes and then walked the dogs at the Convention Center.
 
Got on the I-15 and drove to Cedar City. 
 
Tater was whining at the same damn gross exit. Hubby got off and walked Tater, but he did not want to go poo or pee. Never again are we stopping there!

At Cedar City, stopped at Arby's for lunch. Gave dogs some burgers. We stopped at gas station to fill up. Hubby went potty. A mechanic named Chuck approached me to talk about the dogs, he has a male Mini Aussie Shepherd. We shared stories. Hubby came back to truck & talked automotive stuff with Chuck. We finally left. 

Drove thru the mountains to Cedar Breaks. Hubby went to the office and they said you can camp in the open area for free. We drove thru and picked a nice meadow.

Set up camp. Kinda crooked. Hubby took forever to start fire. He forgot kindling, newspaper, gel-packs to light fire. We started it with paper towels, cardboard from cookie box from Walgreens. 

Hubby used his spiked lug nuts on his Dually wheels to make kindling. I videoed it. 

Saw LOTS of deer in the meadow. Tater did not even growl or bark. He was a good dog.

We roasted weiners over fire. Some rude couple walking down the road had to come over and talk to us as we were eating. 

Getting bit up by mosquitoes and by 10PM, the stars still had not come out. I had to go to bed because I was so tired.

Cleaned up, changed into pjs, and got into bed. Hubby walked the dogs. Then he came in and went to bed.

Tater was digging at his ears, so I had Hubby give him 2 Benadryl wrapped in cheese. He gave some cheese to Riley, too.

Riley started out by the bottom of the bed on my side by my knee, then she came up to the pillow on my side under the window, but slept most of the night on the pillows between us. 

Tater kept moving over and leaning up or actually sleeping on my left sore leg.


DRIVING TO MOUNTAINS
CAMPSITE ON CANDY LOOP IN CEDAR BREAKS
FIRE BUILT AFTER 45 MINUTES
MOON IN CLEAR SKY
LOTS OF DEER IN MEADOW
NIGHT SKY



No comments: