Friday, February 05, 2021

NAILS / DOG PARK

FRIDAY
2-5-2021 
 

Up at 5AM to let Wilson out. Back to bed 

Up at 7:15AM to let dogs outside. Then I made the bed.

Went to the kitchen and made latte & Nanogreens.

Called Hubby. We talked for a while.

I opened a can of tuna for the cats.

I warmed up left-over eggs for dogs. Fed dogs outside on the patio.

I sat with dogs outside. It was warm in the sunshine.
 
DOGS OUTSIDE IN SUN
 
I came inside and did bookwork for a while.
 
Found some stuff on the front patio bench that Dave had left - "so we can make creative things with it" Some wire and barb-wire junk.
 
Walked down to the mailbox at Noon and Wilson barked, so we had to come back.
 
Loaded dogs into car. Left at 2:30PM. Drove to get my nails done at 3PM. Dogs were whining, thinking that we would go to Dog Park. They barked at some people that were next to the car. I had parked out front so that I could watch them. Had to hit Tater with the remote. He would not stop barking in the car. 

I got a really nice darker purple/red color. I like it. Very sophisticated.

Then I left. We drove to the dog park. Both of them were uncontrollable as we got out. Wilson almost ran away when he was unloading. Tater was pulling at the leash. I will not go again until Hubby is here to help.

We walked over and Tater refused to heel even though I hit the remote again several times. 

At the gate entrance, Tater started barking at a Beagle that was BAYING at us. It was horrible. 

We finally got inside and Tater just RAN around the perimeter about 12 times. There was a mutt dog in the corner that Tater did not like, a Beagle, Boxer, and another black & white Pitbull. The other pitbull belonged to a nice lady named Karen who just moved into Prominence about 3 weeks ago. She said they are selling a business in Vegas to retire.

The older gentleman that owned the Boxer said that he had 20 years training experience and told me to "step" on Tater's leash when he needed a "time-out". Tater had gone over to try and be aggressive around a new dog that came -a little Terrier. Then some Big dogs came in and started to get around Tater and bark. I decided it was time to go when Tater would not calm down and tried to knock me over when he got up. 

We left after 1 hour and came home. I decided not to shop today. Will call the groceries in for pick-up tomorrow.

Drove home. Tater was panting A LOT!

At home, both dogs slept for the rest of the night. I had to wake Tater up when it was time for bed. He went out for potty and came right back inside. Then he staggered to the bedroom and went to bed.

Rattler got up on me last night and slept on top of Tater who was under the dog blanket. I don't think Rattler knew he was there. Rattler purred most of the time he slept with me - curled up in my armpit.

I was up a couple times in the night for potty.


No comments: