Thursday, February 11, 2021

CAMPING SATURDAY / FEBRUARY 13

SATURDAY
2-13-2021 
 

 
Hubby was up at Midnight with the dogs for potty.
 
Then at 5AM, it started raining. It quit after about an hour. We fell back to sleep.
 
Up at 6AM and fed breakfast bake eggs to the dogs. I made extra hot lattes. 

Hubby took the dogs out for potty. Then he tied the dogs up by the camper and went to use the camp restroom facilities. 

Hubby got back and fed the puppies. 

Then we got out and started a fire. There were clouds in the sky at first, but it started clearing off with blue sky. 

Dave came over to see us. Carmen was still in the camper. 

By 9AM, it started clouding up again and we decided to load up.

10AM and loaded, we were just leaving as it started raining. We stopped at the Ranger Station on the way out. Purchased a refrigerator magnet, post cards. Carmen had forgotten her mask. Talked to Dawn, the nice Ranger about the cats. They said that somebody had dropped them off. 

CATHEDRAL GORGE RANGER STATION

Dave wanted to drive to the Scenic overlook north of the park, but I stayed in the truck because it was pouring rain and cold. 

Then we drove BACK to the Ranger station so I could get a park Passport stamp.
 


PURCHASES FROM GIFT SHOP

We left the park and drove to Caliente.

Walked the dogs briefly in the rain. Again-really cold.

Had lunch at The Knotty Pine restaurant. I had egg omelette with cheese. 

We took our left-overs to the dogs. 

On the internet, it said that you could visit the Railroad Museum across the street so we drove there, but it was LONG since closed. Abandoned. Very sad. Would have been nice to visit.
 
DRIVING HOME
 

Drove home on Hwy 93 south thru the mountains. Very pretty. Then south at Crystal Springs, we cut off at State Road 168, walked the dogs briefly then drove to Glendale. Got on I-15 and drove home.

At home, Hubby unloaded everything. I put stuff away.

Then I took a shower, washed my hair. 

I watched TV for a while. Hubby was watching Automotive shows. Dogs were VERY tired. 

I went to bed early at 7PM. Everything hurt. I told Hubby to shower and come to bed at 9PM.



No comments: