Thursday, February 11, 2021

CAMPING THURSDAY

THURSDAY
2-11-2021 


Up at 6AM. I got dressed. Put collar on Tater. 
 
Hubby was already out in the kitchen, starting breakfast. 
 
Let the dogs outside for potty.
 
I started lattes & Nanogreens.
 
I had to potty. 
 
Then finished lattes. 
 
Packed more stuff. 
 
Made the bed.
 
Hubby got dressed.

Let the dogs out for potty.

Drove the camper/truck to Walmart to pick up milk and celery for my chicken salad. 

We got back home and Dave & Carmen were ready to go. We took off down the old highway because Dave said there was roadwork on I-15 near Beaver. 

We got off in Beaver Dam and took Old Hwy 91. Had to stop at the school in Beaver Dam and let the dogs go potty.

Dave & Carmen could not find us, so they stopped at Gunlock Road. 

We continued driving with them thru Veyo and took State Hwy 18 north to Enterprise. 

At 11AM, we had to stop in Enterprise and pulled across the road behind an abandoned building to walk the dogs. However, there were sticky cockleburs in all the dogs. We had to pick them out. I got in the truck and had to get them out of my shoes. 

We continued to Beryl Junction, where we turned west on Hwy 56 and thru Modena and Panaca. Turned north on Hwy 93 and finally to Cathedral Gorge State Park.





Finally got to the campground at NOON. 
 
We drove around and Dave finally picked a spot that he could drive thru at the entrance of the campground. We parked in #19 and I think they were in campground site #22. We parked kitty-corner opposite. Started unpacking everything and Hubby started a fire.  I made more lattes to keep us warm. 

Plugged into Electric. Started the heater in the camper.

Paid our $25 overnight fee in an envelope. Hubby had brought some wood with us, but the wood at the campground was $5 donation per arm-load.

We walked over to the rock formations and walked around them. Carmen, Dave, and Hubby with Tater walked thru the formations, but it was icy and cold so Wilson and I stayed outside. I did not want to fall on the ice. 
 

 
 



 

We walked back to the campground and I was tired from the 1 mile walk and my knee was hurting.

We sat around the campfire and had sausages that Hubby had brought. We roasted them over the fire. The wood burning would not make coals, and the wood itself stank really bad. 

I went to bed early at 7:30PM. I was exhausted.

Hubby got to bed at 10PM. It had gotten really cold.



No comments: