Saturday, May 19, 2007

Time & Tide


Rain, Rain, Go away. Hopefully the sun will peek out tomorrow. The trip to the car show was a bust. We did see some of it before the heavens burst and we were engulfed in a downpour.

It continued to rain even on the drive home. So Greg was fed up and worked in his shop for the rest of the day which gave me a chance to wash my hair and work on...Glitter Words!


While paging through a recent issue of Creating Keepsakes, I spied a tag with the word "love" on it. It had glitter within the word. And I thought it looked quite cute and decided to try my hand at it.

Love, Adorable, Perfect, Special, Unique, Awesome, Beautiful, Fabulous, Blessed, & Precious are all included.


Get the Glitter Words HERE.

Tomorrow. Extreme grunge papers to coordinate with the Art papers!


And I got on-line to pay bills! What a major convenience in life. Yippee. Also ordered the beads to make this! Isn't it just the most adorable bauble ring you have ever seen? Well. I THINK so.

It will be the first time that I have ever tried to create jewelery. Wish me luck. And they had no sizes smaller than a 6 in the ring...while I wear a size 4. So maybe I can put in on my thumb! LOL!


I was wondering...since I have so many fans from other countries. Do you get junk mail too? I swear that everything that was in the post box today was advertisements, circulars, junk. Just how much paper IS being wasted in this manner. I shred everything, then pop down the recycling bins at the local school to drop it off when I have an overwhelming amount.


When asked at the grocery store if we would prefer paper or plastic...we always surprise the checkout person by saying "oh...I think I'll have paper...I don't want another plastic tree killed" It always throws them~



The sound of hoofbeats cross the glade
Good folk, lock up your son and daughter
Beware the deadly flashing blade
Unless you want to end up shorter
Black Adder! Black Adder!
He rides a pitch-black steed
Black Adder! Black Adder!
He's very bad indeed
His gloves of finest mole
His codpiece made of metal
His horse is blacker than a vole
His pot is blacker than his kettle
Black Adder! Black Adder!
With many a cunning plan
Black Adder! Black Adder!
You horrid little man


Did you know? That Hugh Laurie who now plays HOUSE on the Fox television series of the same name...Was an actor on the program Black Adder?

Have a great day and a better tomorrow!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful glitter words! Thanks so much!!

justrenae said...

Your wordart is so beautiful I just had to leave another thank you on your blog - so here it is:

THANK YOU!!!!!!

La Osita Boricua said...

Thanks alot for the glitter words. They are so cool.

Anonymous said...

ohhhh these are just so cool! you're tops! thanks so much.
-sheryl

Joy said...

How cute.. thank you.. Joy

Shell said...

Thanks so much for the glitter words. Your ring looks so pretty. Glad to see Im not the only one with small fingers lol. I lost baby rings that I used to wear on my pinkies lol.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for the great WA!
Luv the ring!!!
Good luck making it!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these lovely glittery words.

xashee's corner said...

wishing ya luck on creating your ring! it should be fun! thanks for all you do! :) hoping also that the sun shines brightly for ya SOON!

BruganCampbell said...

Thank you for sharing, these are cool. All the best.

Ramalka said...

beautiful wordart
Thank you so much I love glitter lol

Natalie said...

Oh, and this is great, too! Do tell where you got those fabulously realistic staples? Thanks for sharing!

Kristine said...

I love Black Adder! When I was a kid growing up here in Canada, there wasn't alot of choices of stuff on TV (we didnt have cable until I was 7), so I grew up watching Black Adder and the Carry On Gang movies..not the best but hilarious none the less. I still am a Rowan Atkinson fan...Mr Bean kills me every time...

Thanks for the great memory!

shawnyrvr said...

These are GORGEOUS!!!!

Thanks!
Shawna

Just Vikki said...

He's also the dad in Stuart Little.