Friday, May 11, 2007

Testing, Testing...123

We went to a concert last year where one of the roadies kept going back and forth to all the microphones and yelling this into them. He repeatedly kept this up for a solid 1/2 hour. Now...if my husband wants to tickle my funny bone, all he has to do is give me that look-and then say those words "Testing...Testing...1.2.3."

Greg has always been able to make me laugh. He comes up with the weirdest things. When he calls me on the phone during the day, he will alternate personalities. I have had Sean Connery call me. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That voice.....Angus Young from AC/DC will call me. I like Angus's OZ accent. Delish. And there is also Shampu. Shampu is the Indian brother of Apu on The Simpsons. Shampu is very difficult to understand. And Bob Dylan. But I have never liked Bob Dylan, so I pretend I am upset and hang up on him. On the completely million-to-one chance that Bob Dylan might actually CALL me, I would probably hang up on him, too! LOL! My husband can carry on an entire cell phone conversation in any one of these voices, and just go off on a tangent. WHY he called, I never ascertain. But he entertains me so much that I just love to hear him no matter what.

My hubby also picks up quotes from movies and will fit them into the most innocuous conversations. Sometimes I just have to walk away...

I sent THIS to my mother… she will appreciate anything I give her. Isn't that just like a mom?

And THE BASKET to my mother-in-law (my father-in-law's girlfriend - they don't want to get married as they are too old and don't want to combine fortunes!).

I am safe in the knowledge that neither will see these on my website as they don’t have internet. It will be a total surprise to them. Hope they like the flowers.



Kelsey posted herself as "Bad Baby" and I just want to clarify that she is NOT a bad baby. She is the best baby in the whole wide world. She's MY best baby in the whole wide world. I am reminded of this remark as my mother would repeat it constantly to me when I was a young child. I vividly remember the day it finally hit me...I was her ONLY baby because I was the youngest!


So I get to the use phrase on my own daughter now. Kelsey...you are the Best baby I have!


In comment to a previous remark begging pictures from the kids…

“A month from now and you'll have pictures of us in the Canaries and everyone
will be comin' to your blog just to drool over your gorgeous son-in-law! I've
got to get him to stop buying the mini kegs of Heinekin the base is selling or
he's going to have a beer gut.”

My reply to her was -
"He's got ONE month to get into shape! NO BEER GUTS on my blog! That's always
been my motto!"

I threatened to photoshop his head onto some beefcake if he's not in shape...!

Yep. A regular mother/daughter comedy team. That’s us. We should just
put all our emails in a book and it would make the Times' Bestseller’s
List.

A comment on one of my previous posts asked for a tutorial on
the Glass Hearts. But I am better at creating than at explaining how to do it.
Just ask my daughter. I could never help her with her homework. Or teach her how
to sew. It's just not in me. Tho -- when I worked in an office, they were always
asking me to train everybody. And everybody just raved at how well I trained. Go
figure.


For those of you with boys...Here is the Pirate Heart.

Pick it up HERE.

Tomorrow...more elements for the Art Papers!

I'm working on the Coffee/Latte Heart next.


The wonderful spring days have resulted in the blossoming of my tulips. My husband was totally astonished that they came back this year. (this is the 3rd year, where was he the last couple years?) So I had to explain the difference between annual and perennial.

An appointment to have my hair done will take us into the big city tomorrow where I hope to combine a bunch of errands. I am joining life again after being cooped up as an invalid! The dog and I walked around the property today...I exercised on my bike...washed all the bedding...and vacuumed the whole house! There's 1/2 of my spring cleaning done. Now to tackle the yard.

4 comments:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for your awesome freebie from today & yesterday!!!

Inma said...

Sorry to read about the tutorial, I would've enjoy giving it a try to see I can get a decent result.LOL

Anyway thanks for trying and thanks for the new charm, it's great. :o)

And it was very funny the story of your husband, he seems to be a very nice person.:)

Best wishes and good luck :o)j

Mellykat said...

Cool pirate heart...I love the chain too!

Anonymous said...

this will look neat on my boy pages! thanks so much.
-Sheryl