Tuesday, May 08, 2007

HAVE to Have

One of the things that you see when living in the NW is a lot of log trucks. Logging is a very big industry around here. Now, some of these trucks are real scary. Rattletraps of death. Behemouths of horror. They pass you doing 100mph, slinging rocks (the road departments spread rock for winter ice treatments) and flinging wood. The drivers...usually with a cigarette hanging out the side of their mouths...fare no better. Some look as if they have not seen a bath in years. Glaring down from their elevated stance, they slam the pedal to the metal and compete for road space.

The only worse thing...is the livestock semi trucks. Oh. Yuck. - - Stinky, Gross, Smelly, Disgusting. Do. Not. Drive. Behind. A. Livestock. Truck.

When a friend emailed me this photo which was obtained from the "Last Picture I Ever Took" contest, I had to laugh. How many times have I dreaded this very scene being re-enacted before my very eyes?

Unlike the picture of the trailer in this scene, the log truck trailers around here have extremely tall metal stakes on the sides to prevent the logs from rolling off the sides. But there are many trucks that haul trees that are overlength. Some even drag the trees that are longer than the semi itself. Overhanging the vehicle...dragging them down the road. Which is another extremely scary thing to drive behind. Hmmm. Better just to stay off the roads altogether.

Another email came from a shoe designer. Steve Madden advertises the Have To Have collection. How DO these people crawl into my mind and discern that I have to have these shoes? Are they working with mind-reading aliens from outer space? Have they hatched ESP eggs and grown them to adults? Or did they clone me while I was sleeping and have my clone in a secret interrogation room, revealing all my secrets?

Yes, Steve. I HAVE to have these shoes. The only drawback is these are pre-order and won't be available until 6/10. I'm not a big fan of pre-order. I often forget what I have pre-ordered. What if I don't get it? Then I forgot what I won't remember. Makes sense, huh?

So, down to the tattoo parlor I will go to have this date put on my forehead in indelible ink so that I will remember to order these in June. Dan will just have to find some available space because there are so many dates on there now.


Oh. I HAVE to get off that site. Because I found these too. I have to have them. Damn that Steve. Damn that clone.

KodKodd Cork. What an adorable name. Don't my little footsies just yearn to slide into the softness of these 4 inch sandals? Yes. Yes they do. Can you just see me when I take these off at the Spa? "Oh madam...(yeah, they address me as madam now-not miss-where did my youth go?) "Oh, madam, where DID you get such divine shoes?" Me-"I found them at the on-line mall. The Kodkodd Cork is part of the sandals collection at SM.com!"

Ack! Slap that finger! What is wrong with me? I just keep browsing. Get out now! Darn. Now I'm looking at the platforms.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

OMG! That picture is so scary! I normally avoid these trucks altogether! My husband use to be a truck driver until he hurt his back. His was always careful not to speed or to drive dangerously, mainly because he could not live with himself if he hurt someone. But he does say that "four wheelers," that is what truckers call cars, tend to pull out or slow down way too fast in front of these big trucks. They DO NOT slow down as quickly as a car can. I would recommend to everyone to stay as far from these big trucks as possible!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog Hon,, you have such a fab S0H, even when contemplating very scary things,, those shoes are DEE-vine,, but it's been a long long time since I could wear anything like that, lol

Anonymous said...

get some talent !!

Inma said...

Not sure what to think of the post above. In any case don't take any notice the elements you design are simply great. I think I have seen something similar to this in another blog. :(

About the trucks they are really scary, and the photo it's horrible to think of something like that happening. Unfortunately it not only happens with log trucks, but if you live near factories, sometimes it's happened with trucks carrying big rolls of steel and big trucks wheel. Thankfully as far as now about those ones, nothing serious happened but you never know. :(

About the shoes, avoid those websites dear,;) A woman can never have enough shoes, and it's our "Road to Peridition" ;)

Best wishes. :o)

Debi said...

I had to laugh when I saw that photo. I just recently moved to Elkford, B.C. and we have logging trucks and man everytime I think those logs are just going to fall.
Doesn't help the horror stories my DH tells me as we pass them, his whole family was in logging for awhile..
I love reading your blog.Your entries are fab reading.
Have a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Whoever wears that 1st "HTH" better be taking ballet lessons...YIKES!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are right. Those first shoes are TO DIE FOR. I covet them desperately - even though there's no way I could wear them with my big 'ole post-baby feet and bad ankles. But they are goooooooorgeous.
And that logging picture scared the blazes out of me. That was from "Final Destination", wasn't it? That car accident scene was horrifying!!!!