Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mistakes of the Motherly Kind

Thank you for all your kind comments. Both on 4Shared and here on my blog. You are all very kind.

I don't let negative comments from Anonymous individuals affect me. The only way somebody can hurt me is if I give them the ability to hurt me. I make these freebies & give them away because it brings ME pleasure. And I will continue to do so. We are all different. We all have different preferences. Not EVERYBODY has to like me or what I do. It is not a competition that I have to win.

It THRILLS me to see others highlighting or talking about my freebies on their blogs. I am grateful for the bloggers that expose freebies to the digi-community. They are working their little hineys off! Thank you very much girls! But it doesn't distress me or upset me if they don't mention me. I enjoy seeing what they put on their lists from others. It's neat to see different things.

I made a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for my hubby the other day. It gave me pleasure to make this cake for him as he likes it so much. It is one of his favorites. But I did not need his validation of thanks for making the cake. It brought me pleasure to do it. If it had not made me happy to do it, he wouldn't have gotten the cake! I appreciated his thank you.

Isabelle appreciated all the comments she got. I told her about them and you could see that she just "preened" as she listened to them. Izzy is a Fila Brasilerio Mastiff. They were bred in Brazil to kill the Jaguars that killed cattle on the ranches.

We had owned & bred Rotweillers in the past, but after our last beloved Rottie-Samson...died, we just did not have any enthusiasm for that breed anymore.

My daughter recently hit a pothole on her highway of love. She called to talk to me the other day, and instantly my mother-radar was alerted that this was not a "call me on the phone for a chit-chat" kinda conversation. I sensed that I would have to be patient and let her approach the subject in her own way.

After quite a few minutes of inane conversation...weather/my dog/her job...she finally came out with it. "Don't be mad at me, but-" were the first words out of her mouth.

I know that I have made a few mistakes of the motherly kind. We all do. It's life. The instruction manual is flawed and doesn't cover everything. When you go to "Help" or do a quick "Search", the answer is not available. But she is a grown woman and makes her own decisions. I am not there to "fix" it. Or put a bandage on whatever it happens to be.

So essentially, I was just lending my ear to her dilemma. And I pointed out to her from my esteemed 20+ years of relationship experience with her father...that everybody has certain choices. And you better be able to LIVE with those choices that you make. If you lie by omission, it's still a lie. And somebody might find out about this lie. And if that person finds out about that lie, it might hurt them. And then they would be angry or hurt to find out they were lied to.

Her father & I had discussed this situation and we wondered if our daughter had been truthful about something. And we knew what that something was. But we knew that we could not interfere in her relationship with her spouse. We were not being deliberately deceitful, we just chose not to reveal her secret to all and sundry!

So our son (in-law; but I love him like a real son) found out and was understandably upset. We were upset, too, that she had not divulged it to him. But her wonderfully generous and loving guy stepped up to the plate and acted like a real man. He forgave her. And I hope that their relationship is stronger because of this little detour around the pothole.

Through a misfortunate series of misunderstandings, we were not thrilled with Matt when he first started seeing our daughter. But now that we have gotten to know him better, we could not ask for a better son in law. He has brought out the best in our daughter. We are truly fortunate to have him for a son. Our pride overflows at his service in the US Airforce.

So my rambling on was to make the point that when I first picked up the phone, I knew something was going on. Mothers have that special thing. They KNOW. I love my baby. She will always BE my baby. And she will always have my support in everything she does. I may not always be happy with what she does, but I will always love her no matter what.

And I suppose that is all that a mother has to do.

Here is a -KISS- for all the mothers out there!

Give your own mom a quick kiss from me.

Here's your Mother Freebie. For my OZ & UK friends,
Mum Freebie.

Get it HERE.

Tomorrow-Something for the boys.
















11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got me all watery-eyed at work! I know I'm all grown up now, but I love that I can call you for advice or just to listen to my crazy ramblings. You are such a great mommy. Matt and I love you so much for that!

Anonymous said...

Thank your for sharing ur story and ur freebie today...I lvoe reading ur blog...I look forward to it each day..:)

Inma said...

Glad to read that it didn't have any effect that comment. Something of kind happen in http://www.limegreenbogiegirl.blogspot.com/ and I read there that it seems to have happened in other blogs, not sure in which one. :(

About your daughter story, I'm glad to read everything worked out well in the end. You are very lucky with your son-in-law. :)
And I'm really happy to read that Isabelle was delighted with the comments. I love dogs, and she looks adorable. :o) Sometimes they kinda became one kid in the family and it's just so hard when you lost them that I know what you are talking about Samson.:(

Thanks a million for the charms, they are wonderful.

Best wishes. :o)

Anonymous said...

Awww Bob,, if I weren't so happy with the Mum I already have, I would want you for a Mom. You are so wise, funny, loving and caring. And I can just imagine that smile on your face when you read that comment by 'anonymous',, so called, of course, because they don't have the guts to give their name anyway when they are being so rude. Everything you do is beautiful, just like you,, and Isobel is a sweety-pie, so so clever! I loved watching that little video.
Hugs B x

Joanna said...

You are SO right about our job as mothers!
Thanks a lot for the lovely hearts.

xashee's corner said...

you oughta write books, you have such a beautiful way with words! i LOVE your blog and your freebies and your style :) have a GREAT day and thank you again for sharing your talent!!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful...Thank You...;o)

I feel so bad...I don't know what some "anon" did to you but whoever would say anything nasty about you or to you should be ashamed!!!

It made my heart all fuzzy when I read the comment from the "bad baby"...she sure loves you...;o)

tajicat said...

So cute! Thanks so much! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful heart; and I love that you made three versions for the internationals.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! Thank you.

Mellykat said...

So sorry to see you had a blog troll. I had one too - said they were gonna call the authorities on me. Trolls!

Loving your blog and all you do...

Melly :)