Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cuckoo For Yo-Yos






My dearest darling daughter has kept me busy IMing for several hours each day for the past few days. While she does manage to find the time to create wonderful superific meals for her husband, work, attend to her college classes & communicate with her mother, it does not afford ME much time to devote to freebies.I am still in shock over the steaky-pic she has on her blog. A culinary chef has been born in a former mac-n-cheese child.

Move over Rachel Ray. Here comes Kelsey Rae!

However, in between chores, and blogging, and paddling in the Internet....(I really do have to learn how to surf-but maybe in warmer water! LOL) and exercising to get into that itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini, I did get a chance to get her input into some very neat freebies that will be coming up soon. Kelsey wants me to do some different things with Frames. And Playing Cards. And Newspaper. She is so uber-helpful.

And I did knuckle down today and became obsessed with Yo-Yos. I created these wonderful Yo-Yo flowers today. Hope you enjoy them.

Get the Yo-Yo Flowers HERE.

A great place to visit in order to thank our US troops www.amillionthanks.org/. I know that I am thankful for their service. I am proud of my son in the service. Even though I don't always agree with what my government is doing, I am still faithfully behind our troops. Political regimes may come and go; but it is ALWAYS the common man that is out in the field...supporting everyone. Way to go soldiers!

Send a thank you card to the US troops who are proudly serving their country.

Isabelle raced off into the woods tonight while we were walking and then returned after a while when we called for her. As it was dusk, we couldn’t really see what was in the woods. But I’m sure that she probably found her deer friends again…if the amount of drool coming from her mouth was any indication...she had TONS of fun!

We gave her a bath today. The big dog...scared of water. But after her bath she always smells like a divine rose. Her fab colors shine through & she glows.

In the news around here, our local airport lost the power for the landing tower. A strange coincidence happened when they also lost the battery backup and the backup to the backup-the generator. Whoops. Planes, please don’t hit anything! Short of using ESP...Maybe they should have gotten their semaphore flags out to use!

Please stay tuned for the COMMERCIAL...my good friend at www.ndisb.com TaniaJPS has come out with fantastic papers. NO! Really. That is what they are called. Fantastic Papers from The Trendy Collection v2. They really are Fantastic. See? You need to get over there and see them. Look at all the other really great stuff in the store. (the preceding commercial was not paid for.)


Did you go visit those sites I talked about yesterday? Weren't they neat? So much-0 pretty stuff out there and so many talented people.

I got onto my www.flickr.com account - - which I totally forgot about...and added some stuff to it. There were quite a few comments on the site. AND...I had over 125 hits on my "boobs" pic. But no comments. Hmmm. Are people not commenting because they look good; or are they not commenting because they look bad? I think I look pretty good for my age (26-NOT! wink-wink!).

Any who-what do I care? My hubby thinks they are great and he's the only one I want to impress. He's a breast man, if you haven't figured that out yet.

We got drenched in a waterslide at a waterpark when we were dating. And he almost fell to his knees and started worshipping when I had to change my shirt in front of him. I had him in the palm of my hand...and I haven't let go since!

While waiting for more Yo-Yo freebs...go to www.theyoyomuseum.com ; lots of interesting info on Yo-Yos!

Tomorrow, I will be back with more Yo-Yos. It's an obsession!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that after gathering your goodies over the past several days, that I think your work is very wonderful and unique! The designs you come up with are unlike others things I see and have an "edge" to them...just as your name says! Keep it up, girl! It's nice seeing different kinds of things...so many just do what everyone else does...originality is the spice of life!
thanks for yoyos..cool!
-Sheryl

Anonymous said...

I am a yo yo nut too! Thanks for all your quirky creations. I enjoy out of the ordinary box stuff.

Craftypiggie said...

Your yoyos are so cute come to my blog and click on yoyo along
and join in the fun
hugs kat

Anonymous said...

Love those yo yo flowers!! Very unique and fun! Thanks a million!

xashee's corner said...

thank you for another awesome freebie :) Love your blog!!! have a GREAT day

Kerry said...

Thanks for the yo-yo flowers. They're really nice.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Thank you so very much for these cool yoyo flowers!!!

Shannon Bieger said...

Whaaat? Ok, I have seen your boobs layout in the DST gallery and now I'm just plain shocked to find out you have grown kids. I don't know how old you are but you do not look old enough to have grown kids and your boobs definitely don't look like they've been through pregnancy. Please tell me they're step-children? LOL!

Inma said...

Thanks a million for the flowers they are really nice and fun, like your dog. She seems to be a great big, cuddly dog. :) Sure she was gorgeous after bathing. :o)
It's really sweet of you to put that link to thank your troops and you are right about governments and them.
Thanks a million for everything and best wishes. :o)

Dana said...

Thank you - these are wonderful flowers