Friday, May 04, 2007

Similar = Synonyms



I am always tickled when I find a website that is different. Way different. Oddly different.
This site struck me as very good when I popped in yesterday at http://www.urbandictionary.com/

A perusal of the “word of the day” makes me smile and wonder how I can work some of those words into my next conversation.

Urban Cougar May 2
An older woman, typically
early thirties to mid-forties, who has abandoned traditional rules of romantic
engagement and taken as her mission the seduction of as many game young men as
she can possibly handle.
"Some Urban Cougar with a boob job tried to buy me a drink last night."

Wicked.

It's such a great word. I love the way it rolls off my tongue. I have always been a Wicked girl. Not a bad girl. But wicked. Wi-cked. Awful. Naughty. Disobedient. Wayward. Always willing to go that extra naughty mile. I have to guard my tongue or wicked things come out!

Today I made a Poke Cake for the hubby. Preparing a deliciously moist cake and then poking holes in it with the end of a wooden spoon, and drizzling cherries in sauce over it. Yum. It looked beautiful and just before I got to snap a pic, he dove into it with a fork!

Can't stop that man when there are cherries around! When cherry season rolls around, it is nothing but bags of cherries by his side while he spits out the pits! G-ross! But it makes him happy and I would dearly miss it if he weren't around. It's odd how we get endeared to the most disgusting things when they are performed by our loved ones.

I stopped by and got these beautiful hearts free from Amanda Roberts and I highlighted my new Freebie-SYNONYMS brush on it. There are 32 different words in the Freebie. Hope you can use them.


Get the brushes in PNG format & photoshop brush file HERE.



TGIF! Maybe my next freebie will involve acronyms as I absolutely detest them. I waste my time looking up the ones that I don't know or understand. But it occurred to me the other day that acronyms are nothing more than a glorified shorthand. Which I learned in school. But my Gregg Shorthand was much prettier.


And I actually got out last night! (I am such a shut-in with the dumb cast on my foot) We had to get groceries and even though I was tired by the time we came home, I was relieved to realize that there is another world out there. Yippee!

Pretty soon I will be a big girl and get to venture forth on my own.

I am calling tomorrow for a hair appointment.

The big wide wonderful world awaits me outside my front door~

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! These are great! Thank you!

Kimberly said...

I love that definition of an urban cougar. Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Demetria said...

thanks for the great goodies!!!

xashee's corner said...

glad you got out some! i AM a shut in, only getting out once a week lol... we live so far out there and hubby works all week so here i am, home with my 4 furbabies and 2 purrbabies :)
i LOVE your brushes, thank you so much for sharing your talent :)
have a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the Urban Dictionary website and making the fabulous SYNONYMS freebies.

Love it!

SP

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I'm downloading those as soon as I get home. Fabulous mom!

Mary Sue said...

These are spectacular!! Love them!!!

Theresa said...

You ARE wicked and that's why I heart you tons and tons. But you're wicked brilliant too. Those synomin, synonmn, sinonym, whatever, brushes are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

these are great elements...will be fun to use...thanks.
-Sheryl

Julie said...

Wow these are cool! Thanks!!

grambie said...

These phrases are just fantastic & so wonderful to use. Love the placement of the synonym then the meaning beneath with the drawn line for emphasis. Fantastic. HUGH!! XOXOXOXOXO

Melberry said...

These are so special -- thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

bob you are so totally wicked... i love that urban dictionary site. you know, i don't normally read blogs but i love your stream-of-consciousness blurbs & your freebies are always original.
love ya soul-sistah! Sherrie (SherArt Designs)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

WICKEDLY done dear woman, thank you for the Synonyms AND the brush!

tajicat said...

Funny! The cougar remark strikes me as two of my older sons have been hit on my these so-called "cougars"!!! There are even a few bars in our metro where "cougars" hang out, in groups of about 4-5. :)

shawnyrvr said...

OMG I luuuuvvvv these!!!!

WOW WOW WOW!!!!

I had a question. I got 2 psp images... that I can't see one for blogger and one for word... are they supposed to be png's... should I just delete them?

These are awesome... I wonder if I can make them bigger and print them on vinyl cling and cut them on my WishBlade(I paper scrap too) for my scrapping room decorations -- would that be ok?

THANKS for these totally AWESOME words!!!
Blessings, Shawna