Thursday, June 25, 2020

MORE HEAT IN THE DESERT - 110 DEGREES/ST GEORGE/COSTCO/STEEL YARD

THURSDAY
6-25-2020

Up at 7AM to make lattes. Hubby had already been up since 5AM. He made eggs and fed the dogs.

Hubby was watching TV when I came out of the bedroom.

I made lattes. Put away dirty breakfast dishes. Gave leftover tuna to the dogs.

Robert & Tater


Tried to put on our new coverlet & shams for the master bed that we ordered from Overstock. I ordered King/Cal King, but it was barely big enough for a Queen size bed.

I decided to send it back.

Hubby vacuumed and cleaned cat litter. I picked up dog poo.

We left dogs in the house while we left to take the Dually and go pick up the trailer in St George. Took our Circulon pots & pans to refund/exchange as the metal was flaking off.

Traffic was backed up going to the gorge. It was all because people cannot merge correctly. Some idiot truck and car from California had to squeeze in front of everybody and should have made a "zipper" instead. Assholes.

After 1.5 hours, we got thru the gorge and into St George.

We drove to the Steel Yard for pipe.




Then we had to drive on the other side of town for Welding Equipment supplies.
Humphries (Welding Equipment)

We were both hungry and stopped at Panda Express for lunch.



Drove back to Costco and got Diesel.


Loaded our pots & pans into a cart and Hubby refunded them. I forgot the list, so had to go back to the truck. It was now 109 Degrees and I could barely walk. Felt like I was getting burnt thru my clothing as I walked inside the building.

I had to go pee when I got inside. Hubby met me at the checkout.

We shopped. Almost nobody there shopping. Maybe less than 125 people in the whole store. Easy enough to keep 6' away and everybody was wearing masks.

Some bitch "Karen" got too close to us in the checkout line and started piling her crap right next to ours on the conveyor belt. I had to shout loudly and put up my hand "THAT IS NOT OURS" when the check out guy started to ring her shit up on our ticket! He apologized profusely, to which I said "SHE COULD NOT WAIT" and pointed at the stupid woman. Bitch didn't even acknowledge me.

We got done and left the store. Thank god. I hate shopping lately. The stupidity just gets worse.


We promised Eric & Dean to bring them Arby burgers. So we stopped at Arby's and did the drive-thru order.


Went to Dave's (Landlord) and picked up the trailer.

Drove home. No traffic backed-up. Got back at 6PM. Drove to the shop, but Eric was already home. He tried to give us directions to his home, but I think he was drunk and told us the wrong way to go. He called us back and told us where to find his house.

Then we drove home.

Both of us were exhausted. Hubby unloaded the truck.

We gave snacks to the dogs. Tater had chewed up the rug in the dining room, so I get to buy a new rug!

I fell asleep on the sofa, woke up and went to bed instead.

Hubby came to bed later.

No comments: