Saturday, October 01, 2016

Lions Train Ride

SATURDAY
10-4-2016

I woke up this morning and felt awful. I really did not want to go to Ione for the Lions Train Ride, but it was their last year. We have been trying to go for several years, but kept forgetting to purchase tickets until they were sold out. I had purchased tickets VERY early this year.

Hubby made eggs for the dogs.

Then he went down to the shop and met some people; people to look at shop to leave boats.

When he came back, we got everything ready. Blankets, scarves, mittens, snacks, bag.

It was very cold out today and had been raining. However, the sky looked clearer towards the West.

Hubby stopped in Spirit Lake to get a latte. I had ice chips in a cup. Tried to keep hydrated.

I slept most of the way up to Ione. It was a long drive.

We found the RR tracks and parked at the very end. I went to get our tickets at Will-Call while hubby went to use the restroom. People were moving slowly like cattle. It was tedious. Finally got in line for a covered train car. I did not want to sit outside and get cold & rained on.

Lions Train Ride Tickets


We changed cars at the last minute because the one to the left seemed to have less children. We got on the car and settled into the seats.

I covered up with the blanket. Tried to stay awake. I was aching and coughing and had a fever.


Going Over River on Way to Metaline Falls


We rode up to Metaline Falls and saw some great scenery. Also got "held up" by some fake train robbers that were taking donations for the local Theatre.

When we returned to Ione and the depot, we disembarked and got hot dogs. Hubby ordered while I used the restroom.

Hubby toured the town, we stopped outside of town to take a picture of the local "massage parlor".

Massage Parlor in Ione


Then we drove back home. I fell asleep again.

At home, I went to bed. It was a long exhausting day.


No comments: