Monday, July 27, 2015

IMPLANT SURGERY TODAY & TOMORROW

MONDAY
7-27-2015

Got up at 6:00 this morning. Petted Lil Bit on his belly.

Dressed and started laundry. Took blankets & pillows. Hubby drove me to Spokane for Implant Surgery.

Left home at 7AM; stopped at Dagny's in the Valley to pick up latte for hubby.

Got to Dentist at 7:45AM. Hubby stopped at Taco place to get a burrito for breakfast. I got a rotten iced coffee. Instead of drinking that, he took me to Starbucks and got a hot latte for me. We had to wait to go into the office. Parked by the school and watched the Seagulls in the baseball field.

I got in to the Dentist promptly at 8:15. They did impressions, then mocked up the dentures.

I had to run out to the car to get my old dentures. Hubby was NOT in the waiting area, he had wandered outside to make a phone call to CDA Metals.

To waste time, we went over to Albertson's to go potty, I had to poop. Then we looked at magazines and wine.

We came back at 9:30 to get the Implants done. The Dentist applied LOTS of novacaine. Then he drilled holes into the bone. Placed the implants. Then added the Screw heads. The Assistant was very dumb. He had to reprimand her several times. She almost drowned me with the water she was spraying. She gave the Dentist the wrong implant heads. The Dentist had another visiting Dentist go get the experienced assistant so that they could find the correct screw heads. Dentist said "This is not Rocket Science!" I started laughing.

After getting both uppers and lowers done, then doing impressions again for the implants onto the mocked up dentures, I was free to go. It was about Noon.

I was in a lot of pain. We drove to Walmart to shop. I stopped to get Frozen Peas to apply as ice to my face. Then we took my prescriptions to the Pharmacy. We got there at 1:00 and by 1:15, I had my painkillers and took a couple. Some older lady that was sitting at the Pharmacy was concerned that I was tired from shopping when I sat down next to her. I explained that I had just had dental surgery and was waiting to get painkillers. Hubby and I checked out with a nice older lady that was obsessed with putting our groceries in order & then packing them into the cart.

We sat in the parking lot at Walmart watching women take their dogs to potty in the field next to Lowe's. Hubby had some cheese & deli meat for a snack.

He drove me to Dagny's to get an iced latte so that I could apply the ice directly to the implants. At first, it gave me brain-freeze. But then after a while, it started to feel good.

We went back to the Dentist and drove around the parking lot. Gave bread to the Seagulls that were hanging out.

Finally went back into the Dentist office at 3:30 to get my dentures. The bottoms fit, but the uppers were crooked. The dentist suggested that I come back at 8:00 tomorrow morning to get more impressions, then pick them up again tomorrow afternoon. What a pain.

We left with the crooked dentures still in my mouth. They hurt.

Drove to Rathdrum and got burgers at McDonalds for the dogs. Then stopped at Stein's and I ran inside for my Almond milk.

Drove to Spirit Lake to get gasoline.

Drove home and unloaded groceries. I took another pain killer and drank some Kahlua & Cream to kill the pain.

Printed out Pathology notecards.

TUESDAY
7-29-2015

Kicked hubby out of the bed first thing. He was snoring.

Got up and was not feeling well at all. Did not get any sleep last night.  I was taking painkillers all night and putting ice packs on my face. I had to pee every hour. The pain was worst on my lower left jaw.

Hubby called in to work so that he could take me to the dentist again.

We left at 7:00. Picked up breakfast sandwiches at McDonald's. I ate a tiny little piece. Then got lattes at Jitterz.

Drove to Dentist and got there right on time. I got in a few minutes after 8AM. They did more impressions. Then told me to come back at 11:30.

We drove up to Harbor Freight so hubby could get some parts. We back promptly at 11:30. Then I waited FOREVER to see the Dentist. They finally called me in around 12:30. The nurse told me that I did not tell the front desk girl, Becky that I was there. I told her that I DID tell Becky that I had arrived, but that she had been on the phone. She had told me to sit down!

Dentist did even MORE impressions with a mocked-up wax part of the denture. Then they told me to come back at 3:30 for the final. I was so tired & upset with the painkillers.

Hubby drove over to Horizon Bank to deposit money so that he could order stuff on Paypal.

He picked up parts at Central 4WD. Then we drove to Denver Mattress company to check out the couches. We slept on a couple for quite a while. It was comfortable, airconditioned, quiet.

Hubby wanted donuts, so we had to go over to Krispy Kreme and pick up some for him. The place was CROWDED with tours! We had to wait for filled Raspberry donuts for him.

Finally left there and drove to Walgreens to pick me up a heating pad.

Then we went back to the dentist parking lot to wait. I finally realized that it was 3:00! We could go pet the kitties at the Kitten Adoption Center. So we went over there. We saw a black cat, Olé , that could fetch a ball. He kept doing that over, and over. It was cute. Wish we could get him.

Finally went over to the dentist, got in right away. My teeth were ready. They looked bulky & heavy, but they fit. The backs rock and I told this to the nurse right away, but she said that I have to give them a few days and get used to them.

I got notes to excuse me from school from Becky at the front desk.

Then we left. Hubby wanted a pizza, so we picked up an Angus Steak & Roasted Garlic Flat Bread Gourmet pizza at Papa Murphy's Take & Bake.

Hubby drove home. Unloaded everything. Fed ham to the dogs.

I did laundry, put away dishes. Took a hot bath. Watched the stars with hubby. Took more painkillers.


Watched Archer until time to go to bed at 10:30.


No comments: