Friday, July 17, 2020

ARIZONA TRIP/HUBBY LEAVES FOR IDAHO


SUNDAY
7-19-2020


MY DAY

We got up at 6AM. Dogs let us sleep a little.

Hubby fed the dogs egg breakfast he made. I made lattes & Nanogreens for myself.

I started laundry. Put away breakfast dishes. Then I started the dishwasher. Made the bed. Picked up dog poo. Cleaned up cat litter.

Dogs and I played for a while. I kept letting them outside.

I played APPS on my phone. Watched TV.

I talked to Hubby on the phone a lot.

Went to bed at 10PM.
Dogs Ready For Bedtime


HUBBY'S DAY

Hubby finally left 10AM. It was late for him to get going. He drove all the way thru to Missoula, MT. Slept at the Holiday Inn Express parking lot.




SATURDAY
7-18-2020


Just zombied out today. Too tired to do anything.

Hubby went down to the shop and loaded the camper onto the Dually.

He loaded Joe's tires, loaded engine into the enclosed trailer. Really hot-about 117 degrees.

Parked out front when he got back.

Hubby loaded his clothes in the camper.




FRIDAY
7-17-2020


Got up at 5AM from the hotel. People were constantly walking thru the hallways, being very loud. The beds were uncomfortable. Super thin sheets. THIS HOTEL WAS A NIGHTMARE.

Dogs had to potty, so we could not go back to bed. We packed everything up and decided to leave.

Tater was not having any of the elevator any more and pulled away, so we walked down 4 flights of stairs again.

Hubby locked his keys in the trailer and went nuts trying to find them. He pulled forward and had me look on the ground. He had put the Yale lock on the door, so we would have to wait until we got back home to cut the lock.

Drove  to Starbucks right from the hotel to get egg bites & lattes. They were striping the parking lot. Hubby went inside and he took my phone inside to pay. Fed egg bites to dogs.



Stopped at QT to get fuel. Forgot to get ice.

We had donuts leftover from Bosa Donuts, so we ate those for breakfast.

Stopped to potty in Wikiup. Walked dogs behind Travel store.

Stopped in Kingman to walk dogs at the Lewis Kingman Park. Was stopped by a wreck on the underpass while driving on I-40 and Route 66; cops were just cleaning up. Stopped at the Maverik to potty and get fuel.

Dog Walk In Kingman, AZ


Stopped at Lake Mead turn out to walk the dogs in the rocks & bushes. It was SO hot.

Drove the back way thru Lake Mead Rec Area; got lost in Boulder City and had to double back. Then w got past the Entry Guard Shack. Used Hubby's Handicap Park Pass to drive thru.

Saw a kid hitch-hiking from a broken down car just past Lake Las Vegas, we were going too fast to stop with Truck & Trailer.

It took a LONG time to drive this way. Lots of twisty, turny road. Stopped in Moapa to walk dogs at the Rec Center in the grass.

Finally arrived home and unloaded. I took a shower. Felt dirty.

Fed dogs snacks.

Zombied out the rest of the night. So tired.

Went to bed early.




THURSDAY
7-16-2020

Up at 4AM. I took a shower and washed my hair.

Hubby made dog eggs and fed them. I made lattes & Nanogreens for me.

We got loaded and into the truck by 5AM.

John & Dee were waiting in the street for us. We drove ahead of them.

We drove towards Las Vegas. Stopped just past the Dam to potty the puppies.

We stopped in Kingman, AZ to get fuel at the Chevron there. I went inside to get a Arizona Green tea. We walked the dogs again for potty.

Drove to Surprise AZ. We got the directions mixed up and started driving towards the hotel, had to turn around and drive the opposite way.

Got to Kelsei's house (John's daughter) and unloaded everything. Put the dogs in their tiny back yard (where she had not picked up the dog poo...)

Once we were done, they gave us a tour of the home. Tater decided to swim in their pool.


We left by 1PM. Went to Wendy's to feed the dogs and us. I got a chicken sandwich that was not very good.

Drove to Retablo, Mexican Yard Art. Hubby had to park 1 block away, around the corner because he could not pull truck & enclosed trailer into parking lot.

I forgot my mask, and had to walk back to truck. Then I went back and walked thru the building while Hubby sat in truck with dogs.

I purchased a Goat.

Then we walked the dogs at a Grover Basin Dog Park. It was very hot. About 110 degrees. They raced around a lot. Pooped. I had to pick up poop and the park did not provide bags. I had to go outside and get shopping bags on other dog park side.

Wilson hung out in the shade. We gave them lots of water.



I had to go poopy potty and we found a Home Depot on nearby Bell Road. Almost nobody was wearing masks. Hubby dropped me off and I went.

We found a Bosa Donuts.


And we got banana strawberry smoothies. BEST SMOOTHIE EVER!

Purchased a box of yummy donuts.

We drove to Tom & Stacy's house in Mesa, AZ. On the east side of Phoenix. I had to talk with Stacy inside the house while Hubby was loading Joe's truck into the Enclosed trailer.


I was thoroughly tired by the time we left there. We drove another 2 hours back to the La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Phoenix West Peoria. It was the FILTHIEST hotel we have ever stayed at; it was disgusting.

John & Dee had paid for us, otherwise we would have left. Even with Covid, they were not cleaning the hotel.

Took the dogs for a walk around the hotel. It was too late to get anything for food. We finally decided on pizza from Giordano's. It was not that good.

I fell asleep on the bed nearest the door with Tater and Wilson, then Tater jumped off the bed and slept with Hubby for the rest of the night. Sheets were paper thin. I forgot to complain about that on the Google review.

Walking Dogs Before Bed



No comments: