Monday, September 16, 2019

TRIP BACK FROM BUYING CAMPER IN SLC

SUNDAY
9-15-2019

Tater & Wilson slept with me all night. I passed out about 10PM. Wilson had the sneezes right before we fell asleep.

Got up at 6AM to take dogs outside for potty. They barked a couple times in the night.

Lots of other dogs from the dog show were out going potty. We had to walk Tater all over the area to get him to potty and he refused to poop!

I took the card and Wilson inside with me so I could potty, then we came back out again.

  Sunrise with Dually at La Quinta in Layton, UT

Tater had just begun to poop and we disturbed him when we came out. He saw us and was DELIGHTED with tail wagging to see Wilson. They greeted each other like they had not seen the other for over a year!

We walked by Lowe's in their grass and saw lots of pigeons on the roof. I saw an egg that had partly hatched with the baby bird in it, but it had fallen from the roof & cracked. Poor bird died.

We walked around a frontage shopping center in the grass. Across from us, there was a Cracker Barrel where several police cars were parked, having breakfast.

Went back to the hotel so we could have breakfast, I sent Hubby down first but he came back with bread and cream cheese. The hotel offered NO hot breakfast. No eggs for dogs!

So we got packed up and left quickly. The total for the gross, dirty, old motel was $110. What a fucking rip-off.

We had to get Starbucks coffee for us, so we traveled east on Antelope Drive and found a Dunkin' Donuts! None of the donuts were identified as they used to do, so I ordered a chocolate covered cream filled donut and pointed. The girl kept giving me the wrong donut. Finally I pointed and said Second row down. In the MIDDLE. Finally, she gave me a disgusted look and told me "that is a Boston Cream". I said "well, they are not identified. How would I know that?" dumb girl. Why are people so nasty?

Then we drove over to Starbucks. Could not drive the Dually thru the tiny turn in the drive-thru so we walked inside. Forgot to order "no foam" and the drinks were half full of foam. Another rip-off.

We got back on the interstate south I-15. Driving to the final camper we wanted to view. It was in Bluffdale.

Hubby wanted to find an O'Reilly's to purchase some fuel additive. So I found one in Lehi. We took the exit at Timpanogos Hwy. I walked the dogs to see if Tater would poop (he did not).

Mountains in Lehi behind Smith's Grocery

Hubby came out (there were some jack-ass kids smoking right in front of the O'Reillys) and we loaded the dogs up so he could drive me over to Smith's Grocery to potty. It was a Mega HUGE Smith's, with Starbucks, Fred Meyer Jewelery, a Bank, and

Hubby walked the dogs again and gave them water. I got out of the store and we got on the road again to Bluffdale.

Drove to Bluffdale and the door was open to the garage, so we walked in and saw the camper. The seller had his neighbor come over to accompany us around the garage. We were only there for a few minutes because this was the cleanest, indoor-stored camper we had ever seen. Everything inside was immaculate. No dings or dents outside. Everything worked.

So we asked the seller if we could come talk to him. He was at his country property in Mayfield.

In Payson, UT we had to stop for fuel again and then walked the dogs across the highway near the KFC & Walmart. We gave them water; Hubby walked over to KFC to potty.

In Payson, UT For Potty Break

The drive to Mayfield was down I-15 to State Highway 89 then at Gunnison, we took county road 137 when we turned at the High School.

We stopped at the High School so the dogs could potty and get water again. I found a penny on the ground as soon as I got out of the truck.

Drove onto Mayfield and talked to Kim, the owner of the camper. Hubby looked at the framework attachments to hold the camper on to his truck. Hubby gave Kim 1/2 of the purchase price and told him we would be back next weekend to pick it up.

No way to get out of Mayfield except for going back the way we came.

Drove to I-70 and Richfield.

Had to stop for fuel. I went inside to potty in the station, but they were cleaning the restrooms. I took the dogs out to walk and 2 young guys and a girl came over to pet the dogs.

Then we drove over to Arby's to get burgers for the dogs.

We drove to the local park to let them run around while we all ate. At the Visitor's Center, there was a fenced dog park for the dogs. Wilson barked at the metal burros that were set up as art in the park.


In The Richfield, UT Dog Park

Flag At The Visitor's Center Richfield, UT


We continued our drive home after Richfield.

After we merged onto I-70, while we were in the far right lane, a small car and a red SUV were playing chicken and racing along at high speeds. The small car pulled right in front of us and almost clipped the back of a semi when they cut in front of us and went around the back of the semi truck. It was close. We thought we were going to have to rear-end the car or the car was going to hit the back of the semi truck. Stupid idiots.

We got home at 6PM. Both of us unloaded the dogs and truck. We put things away.

Dogs were happy to be home. Cats hardly cared that we were back. Lots of cat litter to clean up.

The trip had made us very tired. I took a hot bath, shaved my legs. Hubby sat on the sofa and zoned out on automotive shows.

Walked the dogs around the block. 

Went to bed at 9:30PM.

No comments: