Saturday, February 13, 2016

Lil Bit to ER Hospital

SATURDAY
2-13-2016

Not a great way to start the day.

Lil Bit was sleeping on the dog bed under the sewing machine. He has never slept there before. I could not find him this morning and looked everywhere. There were two huge piles of water where he had drank and then vomited everything up.

So I called Dr Mike. He said to bring him by at 10:00 to the Clinic as he was going to be there today.

I had to drive in to Post Falls to pick Bravo up from KR at 10:00. So I left the house at 9:30.

Picked up a latte for KR at Jitterz in Rathdrum.

Picked up Bravo and drove back home. Bravo scratched up the leather on the console between the two front seats.

 Bravo riding in the Jeep


I dumped Bravo at home and then took Lil Bit to the Vet. Dr Mike was busy doing an insemination with a couple of Bulldogs.

Then he saw us; tested Lil Bit's glucose and it was well over 500 points. Dr Mike said that he would not be in the office today, we would have to take him to the ER in Post Falls for around-the-clock monitoring and testing and IVs. Mike said he would fax all the info to the ER for Lil Bit's records.

I drove Lil Bit back down to Post Falls. Had to wait forever because there the ER was full. A lady had brought her dog in that had caught its foot in a snare trap and was having the leg amputated.

Lil Bit needed water, so I went to get some in a cup. He vomited all the water up on my sweater.
Lil Bit at the Emergency Room for Pets in Post Falls

Finally I signed all the paperwork and left Lil Bit there. I felt horrible & guilty.

I drove to Jack In The Box to get a cheeseburger for the dogs at home.

Drove home.


My finger is dry and split again.

Got mail. Gave Jack at the shop some hamburger.

Came home and gave dogs cheeseburger.

I started laundry. Cleaned up the dog water & food.

Took a bath because I hurt so bad.

No comments: