Monday, June 23, 2014

Boat is IN the Water

MONDAY
6-23-2014

Got up and made eggs for the dogs.

Hubby took me to eat in A-town at the (former) Grey Goose. Neither of us was really hungry. Hubby ate too much and got sick.

We came home and got ready to leave.

Maggie begged to come with us. We took her.

We stopped to drop off hitch at Tom's in Rathdrum. Met his wife & little girl.

Then we got lattes at Jitterz in Rathdrum. Lava hot.

Drove to CDA to pick up dog food & chicken vitamins at Big R. I went potty. Maggie got to meet lots of people that wanted to pet her.

Then we went to Lowe's for a grille cover. Did not get a steel post as they were too expensive. Saw Vera as we were leaving; she had just gotten back from lunch. She walked us out.

We picked up burgers at Jack in the Box.

Drove home and gave burgers to dogs. Hubby had to nap on the deck for a while.


 dogs napping on deck

At 3:30, we went down to the shop to get the boat water tested. Then hubby had to talk to 3 guys that stopped. Bruce stopped and dropped off the shelves that Kevin had bought over a year ago.

Dave R. stopped and he volunteered to help with the boat.

When hubby and Bruce backed up the boat to turn it around in the driveway, they accidentally backed under a tree and deposited tree debris into the boat. And the galley door was open. OMG. It is a f-ing mess. We have to have it detailed all over again now. In addition to the water and dirt collected on it from sitting outside. This just gets worse.

We all drove down to the park in the Excursion pulling the boat. I forgot my phone. We also left the doors and house unlocked. Whoops.

It took forever to get the boat in the water. Then the rain started. Thunder, lightning, white caps. Bruce & Dave went with Hubby while I drove the Excursion and empty trailer to Bayview and waited while they went to get gasoline at McDonald's Resort. Finally, hubby called on his cell phone and told me to come get them because they were going to leave the boat at the Resort overnight. Too windy to get it in the docks.

I drove to get them. Hubby had to jack-knife the trailer to get it turned around.

We drove back, Hubby put the trailer away in the big building. I came up and talked to the kids. They were sitting on the deck with the dogs. Bud jumped up on Matt, he was so excited to see me come home. I made warm quiche for KRN and myself.

Kids finally left at 9:30, I cleaned up. Vacuumed. Did dishes & laundry. Took sleeping pills. I am SO tired.




No comments: