Wednesday, December 25, 2019

XMAS 2019

XMAS DAY
DECEMBER 25 2019
WEDNESDAY

I woke up at 5AM to potty. Then had a horrible thought that Robert the cat had somehow gotten outside when we were opening doors yesterday. Rattler the cat had climbed on me and miaowed all night long which is not typical for him.

So I looked far and wide for Robert, finally finding him behind the sofa.

I sat down on the sofa and proceeded to watch Homicide Hunter: Lt Joe Kenda until Hubby and the dogs woke up at 6:30AM.

Let the dogs outside to potty. It was not raining.

Hubby made eggs for the dogs and fed them. I made lattes. Hubby put cinnamon rolls in the oven. He made a burrito for himself.

We watched Krampus on TV. Then opened Xmas presents, of which there were very few. A couple from John & Dee - matching soup bowls, a ceramic pencil holder, and meat sticks from the gas station. Hubby had wrapped the showerhead he bought from Costco, my bracelet watches for which he had gotten new batteries, new baking pans (which I get every year) dog toys (Wilson played himself out & crashed/slept later) Tater got lots of dog bones. Forgot toys for cats. Hubby gave the cats some wrapping paper and a straw to play with for Xmas.

I took a shower at 9AM. Then Hubby took a shower. I put our dirty laundry in the washer.

Hubby watched Mecum's Auto Auction on TV.

We watched the Downton Abbey movie. 

We took the dogs for a walk at 3PM. Went down to the dead-end, park. Then ran into Dave & Carmen at their house. I was exhausted and could not talk.

Then we got ready for dinner. I wore black jeans and my grey sweater with Santa earrings.

Hubby wore jeans and his golf shirt.

We drove down at 4:15PM. Hubby dropped me off at the entrance. Got there before John and Dee. We sat in the EXACT SAME SPOTS AS LAST YEAR. I was stuck on the other side of Dee, Kerry, and Shauna. Hubby sat beside Dana and talked all night.

We even had the SAME WAITRESS as last year! My beef medallions were good. Well cooked. But the asparagus were as big as trees and tasteless. Yuck. Hubby and I shared a HUGE cheese cake dessert.

 Cheesecake

I was so tired by the end of the meal that I got up early. Then everybody left. I walked out with Shauna & Kerry.

Hubby picked me up at the front entrance.

When we got home, I was exhausted and hurting badly. I took a hot bath because I had the chills. Then Hubby gave me a percocet for pain. I took a nap on the sofa until 10PM, then Hubby got me into bed.

He came to bed a little later.


No comments: