Sunday, February 08, 2015

AINSWORTH HOT SPRINGS2

SUNDAY
2-8-2015

This could not have been a better vacation. With the US Dollar being worth more in Canada, it also made the trip a very cost wise and worthwhile one.

Got up and went to breakfast. Even tho it was still raining, we could see the mountains very slightly from our room.

Hubby had their special of Eggs Benedict while I had pancakes with REAL MAPLE SYRUP. No sugar added!

Then we tore back to our room to get changed. At 8:30, they opened for hotel guests only. So we went to the hot tub first. Afterwards we stayed in the large pool until we had to leave at 10:30. Got up to our room and changed. I dried my hair (forgot hair conditioner!). We packed and checked out by 11:00.

Got on the road. Went back to the Ferry loading area in Balfour. Hubby went to the ATM and got a $20 note. We got lattes, a cinnamon roll for KRN and hubby got another berry bar.

We walked around while waiting for the ferry. Got on the ferry. Walked around on it. The rain was subsiding and we went to the waiting area. I had to potty. Hubby was talking to a young couple when I got out.

We marked 1000 miles on our new Jeep while in Canada.

 1000 Miles on Jeep

Unloaded our car at the end of the ferry ride and drove home. The American Border crossing guard was a manly looking woman who was VERY rude.

Then we stopped in Sandpoint to get Fish sandwiches (on sale) and burgers for the dogs.

On the drive back, hubby fed me small bites of Fish sandwich and instead of hating the Tartar sauce, I LOVED IT. I don't know what is going on with my mouth lately, but I am LOVING all the foods I used to HATE. My taste buds have changed!

Got home at 3:00. Unloaded and fed burgers to the dogs. Took the dogs & KRN to the park for a long walk down by the horse area. Ran into some people that were riding their bikes and had to tie Maggie up as she had been running around free dog.

Drove down to Bayview to feed ducks, but there were no ducks there.

Came home and unpacked more. I had to change dog water. KRN was weepy & depressed all night long. We watched JOHN WICK on pay-per-view.

KRN went to bed early. Hubby and I stayed up til 10:00 then went to bed.

No comments: