Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Another Day, More Rain

WEDNESDAY
10-22-2014

Got no sleep at all last night. Hubby woke me up, it was still dark outside. 

Lil Bit slept with us last night. He pushed against my leg all night.

32 degrees this morning, the coldest yet this fall!

I made cheese eggs for dogs, egg sandwich for hubby. Had to cook bacon in the microwave because we had no more left in the fridge.

Hubby said goodbye to all the dogs with squishy hugs, then he took the grey dually hauling the truck he had brought home last night to work on.

I started laundry, started dishes. Tried to nap on the couch, but that did not work.

Made tea for myself. Went out to feed the deer.

Got ready at 12:30 and left early so that I could pick up a latte for myself in Rathdrum.

I dropped off donation goods at Goodwill.

Drove to Vera's house and sat with her for a while. She was having to take water before we left. Even tho her mouth was all wired shut, I was still able to understand her.

I drove her to Post Falls for her Dr. appointment. I had taken along my Kindle so that I could read a Stephen King short story while I was waiting for her.

Then she came out and said that the doctor had given her a prescription.

So we drove to Walgreens across from Walmart. We dropped off the prescription and were told it would take 20 minutes. So we drove to Wendy's to get burgers for my dogs. When we got back, the stupid pharmacy girl said they did not have the antibiotic. So we drove to Rite Aid instead. They did not have it either. So I called Walmart on my cell phone. They did not have it either. We were very frustrated. I suggested Medicine Man and we drove there. A nice gentleman named Korey called over to Savon Pharmacy in the Albertson's grocery store. They finally had it. We had to walk inside so that Vera could give them her Rx. We waited for 20 minutes before they were ready. It was a LOT of liquid antibiotic. Vera would have to come back tomorrow for even more to fill the whole prescription.

I drove Vera home and made sure she got into her house OK. Then I drove home. By this time it was already 5:30 and dark.

Gave my dogs the burgers. Waited for hubby to come home. He was down at the shop for a while with Tim and then finally got home at 7:30.

We watched TV and then went to bed.



No comments: