Monday, April 16, 2007

Missing The Baby

In the last few days, I have been missing my baby SO much. Probably because my friend, Theresa, has been yammering on about how very naughty her children have been lately.
She doesn't know how lucky she is.


What I wouldn't give to have a bad little 5 year old in my home again.


Even if she did take a bath and let the water overflow out of the tub and into the basement.
Oh yeah. She did. But it was only that ONE time...

However, in the last 22 years my daughter managed to grow up and become a talented and beautiful young woman with no trace of naughty left around at all!
And I will let you know that when everybody brings out that old chestnut about "they grow up so quickly"...it's true!
I found an old note the other day (then promptly lost it again~); that my daughter wrote when she was about 15 or 16...I was working and she stopped downtown to leave this wonderful little note...which just said..."hi mommy, just in the neighborhood and decided to cheer you by leaving this note on your car" So when I came out of work, I discovered this white piece of paper under the windshield wiper. And I don't recall now if I even told her that I sat there crying while I read the note. (Like I'm crying now) Or if I told her later that the note really did make my day.

She's not the sweetest, best baby in the whole world...but she's probably in the top 5! I love you Kelsey Rae.




3 comments:

xashee's corner said...

that's soo beautiful!! yes, they do grow up all to quickly... my 'boys' are 33 and 22.. amazing, i dont feel that old ... yet!! lol have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

Aw! I miss you too Mommy! I'm sorry we had to move so far away. I wish I could come over and give you a big hug.

Ernie said...

Stop it Bob! You're making me cry.