Monday, May 07, 2018

LEFT EYE SURGERY

MONDAY
5-7-2018

Got up at 5:45AM to feed eggs to dogs. Make hubby a latte. Feed tuna to the cats.

Then we got ready and took the Jeep to Spokane Valley Pacific Cataract & Laser Institute for my left eye surgery.

We got checked in and had to wait for 30 minutes. I was #5 out of the surgeries that day. My blood pressure was MUCH better this time. 125/79. A little elevated, but not as bad as last time.
 Waiting Room for Surgery
 


There was a different doctor doing surgery. He was not friendly.

They did not give us as many drops this time. I joked with the Anesthesiologist because he had left his coffee "someplace" and could not find it. I said that I was getting Anesthesia from a Alzheimers. The nurse laughed.

The surgery went quickly. It seemed like he dug around a lot.

I did not get a DVD even though I requested one. Nurse did not listen to me. I liked my first experience better. I declined the sleevest vest,, coffee cup, and hat. I asked if they had pens. Was told no. I was numb from the top of my head all the way below my chin.

After Surgery

We left and went to Panera Bread to pick me up a breakfast souffle. Bacon & Spinach.

Then we drove to Krispy Kreme to pick up donuts.

Hubby drove down to Total Wine to get liquor and his strawberry red's ale.

Pedicures
Hubby wanted to get a pedicure, so we drove across the Interstate to Vida Nails. It was very nice. I could not get my jeans below my legs afterwards. Had to pull and tug. Wore the wrong pants!

Then hubby was hungry, so we went to Connelly's for lunch. I forgot my glasses in the Jeep. Hubby ran out to get them. My eye was hurting a LOT. So I was not in a good mood for lunch. Hubby had Corned Beef & Cabbage. I had Irish Soda bread with Quiche & Salad. I ate most of the salad and took home the rest.

We drove to Harbor Freight where I waited in the Jeep while hubby got some tools he needed for a job.

Then we drove home.

I fell asleep in the car on the way home. Then at home, I took more aspirin and fell asleep on the couch.

Hubby took Ben down to the shop to get a boat out for people. Then he met up with a couple guys that wanted to purchase vehicle parts.

He came back later and tried to mow the lawn, but both lawn mowers won't work. He has to fix them.

We took the dogs for a walk in the Excursion, but had to turn around and come back because the people that were picking up their boat drove in as we were leaving.

Then we drove to the park and walked the dogs at the horse range. Had to park the Excursion outside the park as we have no park pass.

On the way home, we stopped to get milk & groceries. Ran into Bruce & Joanie again. Had to talk to them. Got in line behind them.

Dogs were sweating in the truck when we came out because after being cloudy ALL day, the SUN finally came out.

We gave the dogs water and drove home.

Hubby tried to mow again, but no luck.

We watched a little TV and went to bed early.

No comments: