Wednesday, August 23, 2017

MOOSE SLEEPING IN THE YARD

WEDNESDAY
AUGUST 23 2017

Woke up at 5AM and pottied, then slept on the couch because it was too hot.

Hubby left at 6:30 and kissed me goodbye. He took the Krispy Kreme donuts that I got for him yesterday.

The Moose Momma and her two babies were sleeping in the woods this morning.

 Moose Momma & 2 Babies

I went downstairs to give them apples, but Momma Moose came up behind me very quietly while I was getting grain. I had to get out of there right away.

 Moose Momma


I safely observed Momma Moose from the basement. She started eating the grain that I was going to take out for them.


Look at those pretty Eyelashes!


Momma Moose also had an encounter with Zim, the black cat.

Koda inside watching Zim talk to the Moose


Came inside and made eggs for dogs. Made a latte for me.

While I was in the kitchen, the cats brought in a shrew and played with it on the counter! So I had to trap it and release it outside. Then I thoroughly bleached all the countertops!!! Yuck.

 Shrew in a glass

Started working on Accounting Books for business.

Bud was not happy. He is getting so old. It is not like him to rest in the weeds in the back yard.

 Bud in backyard

 L-to-R Joey, Zim, Scaredy
The kitties were playing outside in the afternoon heat.

Hubby came home late. He had finally gotten the parts to put together 2 trucks on the lifts after waiting for 3 weeks for the correct parts to come.

We watched a little TV and went to bed at 11PM.

No comments: