Saturday, August 26, 2017

FIRST FULL DAY WITHOUT BUD

SATURDAY
AUGUST 26 2017

41 Degrees this morning.

Had a very bad night. The cats were miaowing and coming in/out the doggy door all night.

I got up several times in the night. Made sure to use the lights as I did not want to step on a mouse!

Woke up at 6:30 and my first thought was "Our First Day Without Bud".

Hubby got up because Zim was wrestling with a chipmunk he had brought into the house. He was bapping it back and forth on the floor.

Hubby made eggs and gave them to the dogs. We decided no more pills for Ben.

Then I made lattes.

We had to stay inside to eat breakfast because the Mooses were outside eating apples & grain. They drank from the water bucket.

After the Moose had left, hubby loaded garbage into the Dodge. We let Ben outside to help. Ben ran off into the woods.

I decided to take more apples & grain out to the feeding area, when the MOOSE snuck up on me again. They were only about 6 feed away from me. I ran up to the house quickly.

I rode my bike down to the shop to look for Ben. Meanwhile, Ben had made  round-about way back to the house & gotten tossed by the Moose when he came up too close. Hubby was at the house, filling the water barrel. He saw it all. Ben was not hurt, just upset.

Loaded Ben into the truck. Loaded Wilson into the truck.

Drove to Farragut Park for a walk around the Brig woods area.

Then we stopped at the Dump to drop off our garbage.



Stopped at Lil Town Market to get milk.

Hubby left at 10:30 to go work at Shop in Post Falls. He picked up Beebo so he could be Shop Dog today.

Ben had a big stringer on his mouth and head.

 Slobber String on Ben

I spent the day working on Accounting Books.

At 11:30, I heard some noise in the kitchen. Under the bar, Zim had brought in a BIRD! He was playing with the bird & pawing at it, feathers were everywhere! I screamed. So I captured the bird with a glass & slid a file folder under it to take it outside. It sat for a few minutes, but then flew away!

Bad Zim!

Went outside to pick up dog poo at 4:00. Saw a pretty green caterpillar, but by the time I went to get my phone to take a picture, he was gone!

Moose were back by 5:30PM. They were sleeping on the ground out by the food.

*Things to remember about Bud.
   -Sleeping on the Boat with us, curled around me while Lil Bit slept on the shelf.
   -Favorite place to poop out back is underneath a tree in the corner.
   -Going down to the Shop with dad for day out as Shop Dog!
   -4-Wheeling in the Mountains with Bud in the back of the Bronco.
   -Taking Bud into the stores with us because he was so well-behaved.
   -Trying to bite us when we put on his collar. Barking at the same time.
   -Running thru the woods behind wild dog walk with Harriet & being gone over an hour!
   -Cleaning up his sticky slobber all over the dog food & water bowls.
   -Bud drooled when he drank
   -His pale pink toenails
   -The scar around his belly where somebody before us had abused him.
   -Budders, Budster, Bud-Man, Bud-a-Licious, Buddly
   -Always had to ride on the driver's side back seat.
   -Only get in the truck on the left side.
   -Rested his arm on the armrest.
   -Jealous of the attention we gave other animals
   -Would not go upstairs for the last few years.
   -Jumping up on the deck with his front paws when I was leaning on the deck railing.
   -Loved to sleep on his back.
   -Loved to sleep on the deck at night in the summer.
   -One big bark - ROWRF! 
   -Loved to visit the neighbor horse friends on the back of our property.
  





No comments: