Friday, August 25, 2017

BEST DOG IN THE WHOLE WORLD IS GONE

FRIDAY
8-25-2015

Hubby called in to work today and said that he was not coming in. He had to take his dog to the vet.

After a rough night, we got up. Buddy was sleeping in the library. He had had an accident. There was pee all over the room.

We cleaned it up.

Then I made lattes for breakfast. Hubby made eggs.

Buddy reclined on the floor waiting for eggs.

Buddy sad

Hubby fed the eggs to dogs. Then he made bacon in the oven. Buddy really wanted to eat the bacon.

Buddy drank lots of water.

The Last Time on the Deck for Breakfast


Then he went outside and laid down in the weeds next to the water barrel again.

We sat on the deck and had breakfast. I was not hungry.

I ordered a very nice URN for Buddy from ebay. It is Red because of his pretty red coat that especially came out when he had been freshly washed.


I called the Vet at 8AM to see if they could fit us in. The assistant said we could come in at 8:45AM.

We got dressed and ready.

Loaded Bud up in the White Dually for a final ride. As we left the house, driving down the driveway, Bud seemed to look around one final time. He seemed to know that he had to cherish this last drive.

 Buddy says Goodbye

Drove around Athol to find dogs for him to listen to their barking. The sun was shining on him as we drove. It was warm, but not too hot this morning. A beautiful day to die.

Drove to the Vet. Bud weight 105.7 pounds.
Made all the arrangements for Cremation, paid the receptionist, then helped take Buddy in the backroom so Maggie could start an IV for him.

They brought him back into the room. Made him recline on a blanket. Fat Ashley had to hold him while Dr Mike gave him the injection. Hubby was by his head. I was standing up and petting him. Buddy went pretty fast.

I did not take a picture of him after he had passed like I had taken one of Isabelle. I could not do it.

I started bawling. Could not breathe. Ran outside and leaned against the wooden door support where all the dogs pee. I was bawling so much. Then I felt hubby's hands on me and turned to his embrace. We both cried for quite a while.

This dog touched our lives like no other. He was the best Buddy in the world. 

Then we got in the truck and drove home.

Took Ben & Wilson to the Park and had a long walk around the Brig.

Ben was limping on his left leg when we returned from the walk.

We got our grocery list and drove into CDA in the Jeep.

Stopped to wash the Jeep at Metro Express.

 

Drove to Post Falls to pick up parts for hubby at Cooper Fab.

Both of us felt out of sorts today. Waste of life. Waste of anything. I can't concentrate. I can't feel. So numb.

Then we got me a drink at Jitterz. Filled the Jeep with fuel and hubby got $20 to pay Cooper Fab. Drove back there and paid them.
 
We were both hungry as it was past Noon by now. Stopped at The Oval Office for lunch. It was good. We sat on the deck in the sunshine and a slight breeze. I accidentally spilled a glass of water. So
clumsy because of Buddy dying.
Afterwards, we drove to the River City Barbering on Seltice and hubby got his hair cut & beard trimmed.

Barbershop

We drove into Post Falls neighborhood and picked lots of apples for the deer from an Apple tree on  some abandoned property.
Then we were going to pick KR up from work. Called her and she said she would meet us at her home.

We got groceries at Walmart. Not enough time to get oil changed. 4 cars in line at the mechanic shop.

 Drove to KR's and I was exhausted. It was SO hot at KR's house. 80 degrees outside and she had all the windows closed and no A/C running. So we turned on the A/C. Beebo was excited to see us. Took a nap until KR came home.

We drove to Spokane in the Jeep. I drove over to Dishman Dodge so we could pick up KR's Jeep. They had done the oil change, tire rotation, and fixed her sunroof tracking. The guy came out to clean up the oil on everything before she took it home.

Hubby and I walked Beebo. He peed a long, long time. Then he pooped in the grass near the dealership.

KR drove home. We drove home in the Jeep.

Stopped to get more Krispy Kreme donuts.
Then stopped at the Shotzy's Coffee stand on the way. Hubby wanted a drink. We got Granitas. My drink tasted bitter.



I dropped hubby off at the shop. Then I drove home. It took forever.

At home, I unloaded the groceries. Fed the Deer/Moose. There were already 4 deer here when I got home.

Wilson & Ben were excited to see me. Wilson is sticking close to Ben.

 Ben & Wilson close

The Moose came later around 9PM. They decided to spend the night here, sleeping in the woods.

Hubby called at 9:30PM and said he was coming home.

When hubby got home at 10:15, we watched a little TV and went to bed. It was an awful night. Heavy hearts because our puppy is gone.

THREE OF THE BEST DOGS EVER.

REST IN PEACE BUD, MAGGIE, ISABELLE


No comments: