Wednesday, April 16, 2014

4 Dogs, Not 5

WEDNESDAY
APRIL 16, 2014

The first whole night without Isabelle was tough. There was no dog drinking massive amounts of water in the middle of the night. There was no dog at the side of my bed to trip over in the middle of the night. There was no big dog coming slowly down the stairs to be let outside in front instead of using the doggy door like the other dogs. She had to go out "special".

I dragged myself out of bed at 11:00PM because Ben & Lil Bit kept going outside to bark at things. So I had to close the doggy door.

Then I was up at 3:30AM to pee.

Finally got some sleep and woke up at 8:00.

Fed fish.

Made eggs for dogs. Started laundry & dishes.

Picked up poo.

It started to rain lightly, so I had to wear a hoodie. It is cold outside.

Walked down to get the mail with Buddy. He romped in the woods.

Fed the deer.

Hubby came home around Noon.

Joe H came over to give sympathy over Isabelle passing away. He left about an hour later.

Hubby and I went to Spirit Lake to get groceries. Came back and made Lasagne & garlic bread for him. Hubby fell asleep on the couch. I feed steaks to dogs.

Later, I woke hubby up on the couch so we could talk about Isabelle. I had a good cry. Remembered together all the silly things. Her odd quirky personality.

We went to bed at 10:00. Both exhausted.






No comments: