Friday, December 01, 2006

Santa, Baby...

Took Greg into physical therapy and chiropractor at 10 am this morning. We stopped to get a “turtle” latte for Karen, the receptionist (she is a god-send for the office; so sweet & personable)

Our barista, Curt, lent Greg the Merck Manual of Medical Information. Oh dear. A little information is a bad thing. Now Greg can peruse all these illnesses (with vivid diagrams) to his heart’s content.

Afterwards hubby had to run to Schuck’s to make some automotive part returns; and we stopped into Wild Idaho Chocolate Company (which had been closed on the 2 previous attempts to visit). We were thoroughly glad we perservered as we were rewarded with the most amazing gourmet chocolates we had ever tasted. Even Greg who is not big on chocolates, was pretty impressed!

Then we drove to Spoky-Jo to see the Christmas trees at the Davenport.

We were too late to see the movie Happy Feet at the Imax, so we will go next week.

When we returned home, we picked up the mail. I discovered a letter within for me, and was surprised to see that the woman I had sent pictures to last week (while we were at the glass blowing emporium, an elderly woman approached me to take pictures of her grandchildren as she had forgotten her camera. She asked if I wanted any money, and I had told her not to worry about it. After exchanging addresses, I took some pics, and we left.) So in the mail today, I discovered a very nice thank you note and seven – 39 cent stamps which were comic book heroes. I seem to remember that I had a crush on the Green Lantern when I was younger. What a sweet woman.

I scheduled my Christmas massage for December 6. I am looking forward to one hour of back rubbing!

We stopped and washed Izzy on the way home. She is so golden after being cleaned. Loves being told she is a “pretty dog”. Smells good, too!

The picture of the road grader from yesterday's post (hey, it took me time to find this picture from 30+ years ago! )

Oh. One last thing. Sometimes, since I am SO old, it feels like I am no longer alluring to men. Sure Kevin Reese is in his early 20s and just SO adorable; WHY am I old enough to be his mother?...I digresss. However, while waiting for Greg at the Chiropractor’s office, I entered into a conversation with an older, very funny gentleman. When in walked a very handsome man about my age. Tall, distinguished, striking. He sat near us and started talking with us. We had a hilarious time and I was discouraged to think that it had to end when one of our spouses exited the doctor’s office. Pretty soon, the tall, dark & handsome man and I were alone still discussing something or other. This was a charismatic man that I could have easily jumped his bones if he or I had not been married. And I believe that he probably felt the same small attraction to me. I have not flirted in so long that it felt exciting and good.

Now. I would NEVER cheat on my husband. But it was so nice to have an adult conversation with someone that was not a friend of my husband or a fellow co-worker of mine. Just a total stranger, passing a few minutes. We didn’t exchange names, but I did learn that he was a retired CA law enforcement officer. The encounter made a secret, small place inside of me feel very alluring and feminine to the opposite sex for a few moments.

Gee and I didn’t even have to hang out at the bar!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to wish you a grand time at your party this evening - Such the belle of the ball!

Theresa said...

WHAT is a turtle latte? It sounds like something I NEED.

Anonymous said...

Oh Bob,,, yoo-hoo,, you frisky little monkey,, you soooooooo need to go and read my blog!

B x

Anonymous said...

Hey! Have you forgotten about me already! *sigh*, I just didn't think you were the love 'em and leave 'em type.

Is it the age? It's those men in uniform isn't it! A computer geek just can't compete with those dang guys in uniforms ;)

There goes my chance of having my own secret small place...oh Bob, why do you tease me so!!