Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Child Is Born

Greg and I were picking up bacon cheeseburgers for the dog when a couple walked alongside the truck, and before we even saw them...I heard a familiar phrase.

1...2...3...Wheee!

I immediately started bawling; tears running silently down my face as I remembered fondly the days when we had a little one and would walk with her in-between us. Doing the countdown and then lifting her high...swinging her up...and then gently setting her down again. To start all over again.

Yesterday, I scrapped this page. Utilizing Bauer’s Hat by designer Tania JPS at Natural Designs in Scrapbooking; and featuring fonts-Emily Faith, 2Ps Blocks.

Journaling reads:
those beautiful baby blues staring up at me made my heart melt.
you are the best thing i have ever done in my life.
if i never accomplish anything else...i can always say
i was your mother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I weren't at work I would be crying right now. So glad to have you as my mommy.

Theresa said...

Awwww, Bob, this is so stinking sweet. I know these days will be gone far too fast. I try to treasure them instead of rush through them, but sometimes you need a knock in the head to remember how good it is right now.