Friday, December 08, 2006

Silver Bells

Johnny Mathis did this song the best. I used to love listening to him at the holidays when I was a kid.

Today, Greg went in for another EMG. From an expert, this time.

Dr. Lea, who is a kindly older gentleman, stuck two inch needles into my husband's left leg to test his motor functions. The doctor also used electrical stimulation to test the nerves.

After the test, the doc stated that from an old injury (probably when Greg rolled the Jeep Cherokee 8 times UP hill) Greg has damage to his nerves on his left foot, which is probably the reason why he is suffering from the numbness. Dr. Lea stated that with the injections that Dr. Ganz has prescribed, the pain in his legs & back will subside to a manageable level. The doctor did not think that surgery was a diagnosis at this time.

So we are STILL waiting for the doctor to call to schedule his series of steroids shots. They were supposed to call by Monday, but I presume that it is the front desk clerical problems. (That office needs to hire competent help.) Greg has called 2X to follow-up and been told each time that Dr. Magnusson will call "tomorrow". Well, so far, "tomorrow" has not come. I suppose I will have to call and raise HOLY HELL ~ (why do i always have to be a bitch to get anything done? i really hate being the "bitch")

*Thank you, Kelsey, for not killing us when you were a teenager.* (this relates to the front-page story of a teenager who attended Mt. Spokane High School killing both of his parents overnight at their home in Mt. Spokane, Washington)

We stopped at the Great Harvest Bread Company to pick up 3 Cheese Garlic bread and Cranberry/Orange bread. Isabelle also got a "bread" dog cookie that she just LOVED.

The boxes were mailed and it came to a total of $172.45 for the 10 boxes for a total gross weight of 200 pounds! Greg had estimated $300, and I estimated $200, so...I WIN, I WIN!

Dooney & Bourke has mailed out their new catalog. So I will definitely be getting a new purse. Wow. Some lovely designs this time! (p.s. Kelsey...I wonder HOW LONG the 18" handles are?)

The off road club invited us to go with them tomorrow to a 4WD trip in the mountains and cut a Christmas tree, but I don't think I can tolerate the 2 hour drive into the mountains to go 4WD. Too far.

VZ picked up Greg's work truck yesterday for servicing. When he went in to the office to talk with his supervisor, she stated that the vehicle would have to stay "on premises" until Greg was released for work again. Gee. It was here for over 2 months...and only NOW they decide it has to be there. Duh. Greg is dispatched from home...what is wrong with it staying here. Those people are so dumb and piddly over the weirdest things! If this was SUCH a concern...why didn't they come pick it up right away? Maybe Ivan has ordered that ALL vehicles have to be sold to declare a profit this quarter...(Enron tactics-investors beware. This company IS going to file bankruptcy soon).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For not killing you when I was a teenager: you're welcome. Thank YOU for not killing ME when I was a teenager. I know it was difficult. We both lived to die another day.
I'm so glad to have you to make me laugh. We love you very, very much.