Wednesday, January 01, 2020

BIRTHDAY / END OF 2019

TUESDAY
12-31-2019

Got up at 6AM. Dogs had already been up at 5AM. They would not let us sleep.

I still have pain in the chest, especially the ride side. My boob on that side is cold.

I immediately get the shower ready; turn on the heat in the bathroom, run hot water, get towels. I take a shower and afterwards Hubby comes in with a heart Little Debbie cake with a candle in it. He sings Happy Birthday to me.

Hubby made eggs for dogs & a burrito for himself. I had applesauce. I made lattes.

After breakfast, I opened my presents. a card from the dogs & a card from the Hubby, a bottle of Tylenol, bath salts, a necklace (which will be returned), Junior Mints (for Hubby), Krazy Glue, and

Then we sat and watched TV for a while.

At 12:45, we put dogs in their kennel and left for St George. Forgot to stop at the Doctor's office to pick up my sweater!

In St George, we went to Red Lobster. Had dinner. I had coffee and Kahlua. Hubby had coffee & Bailey's.

Coffee & Kahlua at Red Lobster

Not too many people there. It was early 3PM, St George Time. Mostly older people.

Both of us had Create Your Own Ultimate Feast. The wood fired skewered shrimp were ice cold for both of us. The food was not very warm.

The manager comp'd us $10 for the shrimp.

We passed on dessert. The waiter wished me a Happy Birthday.

We then drove to Lin's Grocery and picked up donuts, milk, cream cheese, toilet paper.

Drove back to Mesquite and stopped at Walgreens. Hubby had passed the turn and had to come back on the interstate. We got my drugs at Walgreens. Then drove home.

Puppies were happy to see us. It was now 4:30 and getting dark. I was really tired.

Kerry & Shauna came over. They got me a tea mug with infuser; tea. Shauna brought flowers and champagne. They stayed until 6PM, talking.

 Flowers From Shauna & Kerry
 Tea Cup With Infuser

Dee & John had left a pile of presents in the front door entryway. A wooden quote box, a drawing pad, metal & glass cake cover. She always goes overboard.

Presents From Dee & John


At 9PM, some neighbors set off fireworks. Dogs barked. 

Then Hubby and I watched TV until 10PM. Twilight Zone. I was tired. Went to bed at 10PM.

We woke up briefly at Midnight when Fireworks were blasting outside. Dogs barked again. Went back to sleep. 






No comments: