Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Bad Day

TUESDAY

I was too tired to make a latte or sandwich for hubby. Tried to go back to bed, but unable to sleep. I am SO exhausted after being up all night with Ben. He had to go potty every 1/2 hour from midnight to 4AM. I slept downstairs on the couch next to him so that I could open the door for him. He is so smart that he whined & scratched at the door to be let out. After that, he seemed to settle down so I went back up to bed. I was freezing & stiff from sleeping on the couch.

Hubby left for work. I started dishwasher & washer for the clothes. Put up more lights outside. Put timers on the other lights.

At noon, I went outside with the dogs to walk around in the backyard. While I was walking with Ben, Harriet decided to attack Maggie. They fought for quite a bit. Harriet even flung Bit across the yard. I got the other dogs inside the house & then got a snow shovel to separate the two dogs.

Maggie came in while I kept Harriet out for quite a while. Gave Maggie about 4 tramadol to calm her down.

Finally let Harriet in after she calmed down. Locked Maggie in the library. I contacted the Vet and made an appointment for 5PM for Harriet.

Made sugar candy popcorn.

Gave Harriet a big bowl of egg nog. Also gave her lots of turkey. She went upstairs and I laid down beside her on our bed to watch the Xmas lights on our tree. She likes that.

Sat with Ben & Harriet on the couch watching tv for a while.

Then at 4:50, I got the Bark Ark out, took a blanket and put Harriet in the SUV. We drove down to the vet and waited for hubby to arrive. He got there promptly at 5:05.

We went in and saw the vet. Harriet went down quite fast after the vet had given her an initial sedative to calm  her down. Then he gave her the final dose. We held her in our arms & said goodbye to her.

Brought Harriet home in the back of the Bark Ark. Once we got home, we tried to get drunk on hot chocolate & schnapps. Ate turkey sandwiches for dinner. Very upset. Both of us are crying. We miss Harriet.


No comments: