Saturday, June 08, 2019

SXS RIDE IN MOUNTAINS

SATURDAY
6-8-2019

Up at 6AM.

I made lattes. Hubby made breakfast eggs. We sat on the courtyard to eat. It was a cool morning. Fed dogs.

I vacuumed. I put breakfast dishes in dishwasher.

I put away clean clothes.

Hubby put air in tires of Can-Am. While he was out there, 2 ambulances came to LeAnn's house. They did not take anybody out.

Steve was out talking with hubby along with his dog, Cosmo. Dawn came out to see what was going on. I got to talk with her, briefly.

Then we left at 8:20AM to meet Oscar and Geri, (actually thought her name was Gail at first!)
They have a really nice house on Sundance Way. Very big house with a pool.

We stopped to get fuel at Terribles on W Mesquite Boulevard.

Gone from 8:30AM to 5:30PM.

 Total Ride = 135 Miles
 Red Rocks
 Road Signs
 More BLM Road Signs
 Vista At 5995 Feet

 Bunny Ears

 Valley
 Oscar & Hubby
 Multi Color Bunny Ears
 Mountain Ranges
 More BLM Road Signs

 Parashant National Monument Area


Passed a ranch on BLM land with cows, then stopped to look at the Valley at a point that was 5995 Feet, then stopped at a old abandoned mine. After this, we drove out to an abandoned Government BLM Landing strip with out buildings for Fire Suppression. Looked all around.

I had to potty, put burn gel on my legs and chest. We had snacks and water, then resumed the journey.

The last few miles were pure torture. Just driving over huge boulders on the track, too much bouncing, my legs & chest & face were all burnt. It was SO hot.

We finally returned home. I put ice & aloe vera on my legs. Hubby took a shower. Then I took a shower much later.

Went to bed at 10PM.

No comments: