Tuesday, November 12, 2019

GRAND CANYON ADVENTURE

TUESDAY
NOVEMBER 12 2019
DRIVE TO WILLIAMS, AZ

Got up at 6AM. I made the bed. Still felt tired and groggy.

Made lattes. Put dirty dishes away and started dishwasher.

Started laundry.

Heated up breakfast bake. Hubby had already fed dogs.

Sat on the sofa to watch morning news.

Hubby heard the Garbage men come at 7:20AM. So he had to rush out with the garbage can. I went to pick up dog poo and cleaned up cat litter.

Hubby started bringing out his clothes to put in the camper. He brought camper blankey out of our bedroom so Tater can sleep on the bed.

Drive to Hurricane, UT. Stopped at Walmart. Picked up snacks, walked dogs. Got Stuffing at Walmart for Thanksgiving.

Drive on Hwy 59 to Flagstaff. Then west to Williams. Arrived at Williams and took dogs to the kennel. I checked into the room while Hubby waited in the truck. I had to have a photo ID and credit card. Had to go get it from him. Then he parked in the Handicap zone right in front of the hotel. We took clothes inside.


 Holiday Entrance to Grand Canyon Railway Hotel 

 Room at the Hotel #1330

Dining Room Buffet with Singer

Turkey Dinner

Xmas Decor

 
More Yard Xmas Decor

Decided not to visit puppies and upset them before bedtime. We both took showers after Dinner. Watched TV and went to bed.


WEDNESDAY
NOVEMBER 13 2019
GRAND CANYON TRAIN TRIP
GO TO HOSPITAL IN FLAGSTAFF 

Ate breakfast buffet at hotel. Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage.

Walked over to the Kennel. Hubby kept arguing with me how it was a "MILE AWAY" when it was next door! Gave dogs breakfast bake. Could not warm them up as we had not access to electricity.


Latte

Hubby got a latte at the gift shop.

I stopped in the gift shop to potty. Had explosive diarrhea. Probably from the buffet.

Western Shoot Out
Shoot-Out at the Western town setting. A long regular train came thru and we had to wait for about 10 minutes for it to pass.

Got on the train, instead of getting on the train car that was stated on our coupon, we had to get on the "Chief".

Train Ride

Train ride to Grand Canyon. Strolling Banjo player. Drinks. Snacks. 40MPH. Very calming.

 Drinks on Train
 Train at Curve
 Yaki Point

Overlooking Grand Canyon

Jim our tour guide at the Grand Canyon on the "Grand Tour Bus". Very nice older gentleman. Showed us lots of spots to take great pictures.


Yaki Point & Yavapai Point we stopped at for View points. At the last view point, we had to wait for some woman to find her husband.

Maswik Lodge to eat lunch. I got chest pains & could not breathe. Burning pain.

2 hour travel by ambulance to Flagstaff Hospital Emergency Department. Jim, the Paramedic.

6 needle sticks in left hand, 5 in the right. Had to give me a shot to reduce heart arrhythmia. Hurt my left shoulder muscle.

Emergency Department were a bunch of D Students. Kept repeatedly asking same questions over, and over, and over. Nurses kept trying to stick me in the arm for an IV. Finally had a Cardiac nurse come with ultrasound to find a vein in my right arm.


Checked into Cardiac Unit after 1 hour.

Jesse & Jacob nurses

Benedict (french older nurse) & Jake nurses

Repeated other nurses come in to take my vitals. BP, Stick my fingers for blood sugar level, check temperature, check heart beat.

Greg was upset that he needed to get truck, so they had the hospital Care Coordinator give him a voucher to take a Lyft ride to Williams to pick up the truck. He was gone for about 3 hours.

I was in a lot of chest pain until Jesse finally gave me Morphine and I woke up about 2 hours later with no pain!

Bed was uncomfortably hard, bumps, and then it was "massaging" to prevent bed sores. Which upset me because I would be almost asleep and the bed would "move" and wake me up.

Hubby got back about 9PM.

Rough nite.


THURSDAY
NOVEMBER 14 2019
STILL IN HOSPITAL IN FLAGSTAFF

I was scheduled for surgery in the Catherization Lab to see if they could see if my arteries are blocked. Dr Winkler was supposed to do the surgery.

Benedict gave me pills to calm me down for surgery.

They sent in ANOTHER nurse to ultrasound my LEFT arm for an IV. So she was successful. I told her she could only try ONCE.

Once we got to the Cath Lab, the nurse said they did not request a second IV. FUCKING ASSHOLES. They also asked if I had been shaved on my groin. NO. OMG. These people are so fucking incompetent.

Dr kept twisting my arm to try getting in thru my right wrist. But that did not work. He was a jack ass, did not warn me that he was sticking that shit into me. Finally went thru my groin and it HURT SO BAD.

I woke up on the way back to the room. Dr Winkler talked to Hubby after surgery. Said they could not place stents as the blockage was at a junction. I would need to have Open Heart Surgery. OMG.

Back to the room. Repeated testing. I can finally eat. I order 2 teas and peanut butter & jelly sandwich.

Finally get the food and it tastes so good. I barely have strength to even eat 1/2 of the sandwich!


They move a new roommate Next door neighbor in bed (I LOVE to smoke!) Linda and her husband who talked like Sam Elliott, very rough. Likes to listen loudly to her TV even though we were provided with headphones. She is in for a possible stroke. She is very much an idiot in the way she talks and repeats everything 3 times. Her husband leaves before night and drives back home.

I finally call the Nurse at 11PM to tell her to have the neighbor put on headphones.


No food or water. Repeated blood draws for testing all night long.


FRIDAY
NOVEMBER 15 2019
LEAVE HOSPITAL IN FLAGSTAFF PICK UP DOGS
OVERNIGHT STAY AT RV PARK IN KINGMAN, AZ

After more testing, blood draws, we finally talked to Dr's assistant - Mackenzie (I talk fast and might be on crack because I am so skinny) nice girl, tho.

Told her we were NOT going to do the surgery so far from home. Wanted to leave hospital and have surgery in Vegas. She processed discharge.

Had to wait for MEDS. Pharmacist finally came about 1 hour later and did not have the whole prescription for one of them (they have a problem with the supplier?)

I get dressed and wait for the nurses to finally take out the IVs in my arm. Benedict finally unhooks me from everything.

We left at Noon from the hospital. I was wheeled to the door in a wheelchair. Hubby went to get the truck. I got inside.

I opened a can of coke and it exploded. Hubby had to help me clean it up. It got on my sleeve and on the side of the truck.

We drove to Williams to pick up the puppies. Dogs had chewed their bed up and chewed up Wilson's harness.

Hubby tried to walk the dogs but we only had a collar for Wilson. Of course, he got out of it and ran across the road to a person's house. Then back across the street.

We finally caught him by opening the truck door and calling for him. Damn little bastard dog!

Got to Kingman and Hubby was hungry. He stopped at 5 Guys to get burgers. I waited with the dogs in the truck. Watched girls from McDonalds next door run food out to cars.

Both of us were so exhausted and decided to find someplace in Kingman to stay at an RV place. Drove to Golden Valley RV Park Agua Fria Drive; north of town - it was only $20. We had power, but no water. Had to park at the side as they were full. But Hubby walked dogs. They ran after bunnies.

RV Park Office


Hubby took a shower. I went to bed. Nice and comfortable.

I got back up when he got back. We ate our dinner that he had picked up from 5 Guys in Kingman.

Then we went to bed all of us were exhausted. Dogs were happy to be back with Mommy & Daddy.




SATURDAY
NOVEMBER 16 2019
DRIVE BACK TO MESQUITE

Got up at 7AM and I made lattes. Hubby took the dogs out for potty. I warmed up the breakfast bake so he could feed the dogs.

We got on the road, stopped outside Boulder City at a walking area and Hubby walked dogs. We drove back to Mesquite.

 Walking Dogs

It was a nice day. Back home by Noon. Hubby unloaded everything. Let the dogs out to potty. I took a nap in bed for several hours.

Hubby vacuumed and cleaned up cat litter, started laundry. Brought food from camper inside, brought clothes from camper inside.

I kept sleeping all day.

Hubby finally sat down and watched TV on the sofa. He was exhausted.

Went to bed at 9PM. Both of us were exhausted again.


No comments: