Thursday, March 07, 2019

R.I.P. BEN

THURSDAY
3-7-2019

Got up at 6AM when hubby called. I talked to him for a while.

I made Wilson breakfast. I skipped the latte this morning because my stomach was still not feeling good.

The neighbor, Mike, had AT&T install a satellite dish for them. It was pretty noisy, but at least it is on the south side of the house. We won't have to see it.

I started laundry. Started dishes.

Vacuumed cat litter from floor. Vacuumed bedroom. Put cat litter & dog poo out in dumpster.

Hubby called again at 10AM to let me know they were at the Vet's office. Ben had quit eating last night and was listless.

Hubby called at 10:40 to tell me the Vet had gone in the back room with Ben to insert the I.V. Then they came back. It took an awful long time for Ben to go down, and he was whimpering in the background of the call. It never took our other dogs long to go down, mere seconds. I think I want to complain to our regular vet about this idiot not using enough medicine.

They did confirm that he had bone cancer that was evident in the limping. Poor little dog.

Ben 9/3/2012-3/7/2019

It has been difficult going thru the rest of the day by myself. I keep crying. Wilson is sitting outside in the sunshine on his dog bed, probably waiting for Ben to return...

I watched TV.

Wilson and I went to get the mail and for a walk around the block.

Took a hot bath to calm down.

I talked to hubby about 8:00PM before I went to bed. 

Took a couple Benadryls and then went to bed at 10PM.



No comments: