Tuesday, April 02, 2013

WARMER Spring Weather

MONDAY

It was quite cold this morning when we woke up. About 30 degrees.

I made breakfast & latte for hubby. He left for work after giving the puppies their pills.

Then I went outside and started picking up poo again. I had about 9 more bags gathered. Then out front another bag from Izzy's poo over the winter. The yard is looking better now.

But hubby's snowplowing efforts have made the yard look a mess. Lots to clean up. Rocks & blocks askew everywhere.

By the late afternoon, it was about 68 degrees. Very warm. Most of the snow is gone. There are just isolated pockets where there is still snow; mostly places that are in the shade all the time.

This morning, I started working in my sweatshirt but had to take it off later because it became too warm.

I also started taking lights off trees. Got about 1/2 way done.

Hubby had to go directly to the shop and work tonight because a couple people wanted their boats out early. He had to get one out so that Gary from the Marina could come get it.

Then hubby came home about 8:30 after delivering a truck up to the Bunco for an older gentleman. We watched tv for a while, then went to bed.


TUESDAY

Ben had woken me up really early this morning and I let him on the bed with hubby while I slept with Maggie for a while. Then Lil Bit came and wanted into bed with us. Even tho Maggie growls at him, she allows me to put him on the bed with us. Lil Bit curled up next to me and slept for another 1/2 hour.

I got up and made breakfast & latte for hubby. He left for work in Excursion.

Still no proof of insurance for the FMF from the insurance company.

I went out and picked up dog poo. Almost done. Easy to get the fresh stuff now. I also took down the lights on the dog fence. Then took down lights from the rest of the trees! Bud helped me take down the lights out front. He sniffed & investigated everything; from the deer feeding area to the shop to the garage & beyond. Although he wanders a bit, he is sure to stick around mommy!

When I was in the backyard, I had to zip-tie some fencing that had come loose. I heard barking from the dogs and tried to see what they were so concerned about. Lil Bit raced to the deck, so I went up there to find out what was going on; Maggie was growling & jumping up - her hackles were up! I looked over the side of the deck and saw a big black & white dog!

Walking thru the house, I grabbed a leash in the laundry room because I had noticed a collar on the dog. The dog was friendly & peeing on everything. I snapped the leash on him, but he had no tag. I remembered that the former neighbor had pulled into his home across the road with a backhoe on a trailer, so I thought it might be his dog. We started walking across the street.

Halfway to the neighbor's house, a U-Haul van pulled down the road. The owner jumped out and claimed his dog. They are our new neighbors - Dave & Grace Swanson and the dog was Nanook. He looked to be a cross between a Lab, a Husky & a German Shepherd.

I came back home and kept picking up more poo.

Made a tea and sat down for a while. Then took plants up to deck.

Cooler today. Only 60 degrees with clouds. I kept my sweatshirt on today!

Hubby got home around 5:00 and went down to shop to meet with a guy that was dropping off a vehicle. Bud & Isabelle went down to the shop with him. Bud jumped out the window of the Excursion and greeted everybody, then trotted home. He did not even notice the deer that were out front feeding. I did not know he was on the deck and he waited patiently until hubby came home to let him inside the house.

While hubby was down at the shop, he had to get a boat out of storage also. However, the tire on the trailer was flat. So he had to roll his floor jack out, roll around in the dirt, and take out the air compressor. And the customer offered NO money for all this! Cheap asses. 

When hubby came back, we packed the dogs up and took a quick walk in Farragut Park. Dogs really loved it.

After we stopped to pick up water at the gas station, (hubby talked to guy that works there with his arm in a sling. when the guy was 16 years old he had a horrific motorbike accident and barely made it out alive - his arm is paralyzed and that is why he wears it in a sling) dirtbag smoking guy walked into the store & put out his cigarette in the garbage - I almost expected it to explode in fire! Why are people such asses? Anyway, when hubby got back in the truck with a gallon of distilled water for the dogs, he REEKED LIKE GROSS CIGARETTE SMOKE - just by walking past this lowlife! Gag.

We gave the dogs water, then drove into Walmart to get groceries.

After groceries, we got cheeseburgers for dogs at Wendy's. Then home again to unload groceries & go to bed. I was exhausted.


No comments: